04. Running

Ariel's POV

I don't have any time to waste before, omg I don't even know this guys name; but he is pulling me off of the bed and towards the door.

There is so much to process in literally no time that I have no idea why this guy is freaking so badly over a storm. I mean he has the body to be ex military or something like that but nowadays everyone likes to work out so that doesn't mean much anymore.

There is something in the air, not that I know what it is or that I am able to describe it but it feels like there is danger in the atmosphere. Of course I'm guessing all that is because this guys is like dragging me out of the room and he hasn't said a single word.

"Where the hell donyou think you're taking me?" I shout at him and try to pry my hand out of his. I don't care how right it feels to be holding it or this weird feeling in the air, it seems like my weird hallucinations don't make me the only one in this room to have lost their mind.

"We don't have the time to stop and chat right now. I told you I broke a lot of rules and that wasn't an exaggeration. I didn't think they would come after us this quickly but we have to go now. " He says with authority and if I wasn't as stubborn as I am then I would have followed him blindly no matter how insane he sounds right now.

"I don't have to go anywhere with you. I don't even know your name or who you are, you're spouting some bullshit about being my guardian angel and now there is something after you?" I exclaim, still trying to free my hand from his grip but it seems like he is a strong motherfucker.

"Ariel, I know this is completely insane to you and it's even out of my depth but I need to just trust me for 5 minutes and then you can attack me with your questions and call me whatever name you want." He stops just next to the front door, turning towards me for the first time since we started this whole running thing.

I know I shouldn't trust a word coming out of his mouth but I am also coming to the realisation that there isn't much that I can do right now. I can't convince him that he's crazy or that he needs to let me go, and as insane as it is, for right now he doesn't seem to want to hurt me so for the sake of survival and trying to get out of here alive and unharmed I am going to have to listen to this lunatic.

"Fine, will you at least tell me where we're going and who you're running from?" I ask to keep up as if I believe him but the look he throws my ways tells me that I'm not that good of an actress.

"We just have to get to an open space where I can shield us for a couple of hours while I figure out how we're going to hide long term. I will explain everything once we're both safe, I know who is after us but I have no idea what they want or what they're going to do once they get a hold of us." He explains further and it's as if I'm staring at someone who doesn't even come from this planet.

I mean he looks human but right now I think I'm guessing every single thing I know about anything. This is all going to be some very vivid dream that I am going to wake up from with the hangover of my life and it's all going to go back to normal. Or at least my fucked up reality which is normal for me.

"How the fuck are you going to shield us in the middle of the road? Shouldn't we be safer inside the apartment?" I ask as he drags me out into the road, in front of the bar I was drinking at last night. For a dream, the details are so accurate, I can feel and hear everything so I think I should be waking up anytime now.

"I'm going to need to use magic but they can trace it so I'll have to do something I've never done before." He throws over his shoulder and I'm sorry, but did he just say magic?

"Okay, I don't know who you are but there is no such thing as magic so imma need you to let go of my hand so I can go back inside. " I say carefully, now worried that he's going to freak out and go full psycho on me.  I have no idea what kind of world exists inside this guys head but I don't want any part of it, no matter how set he is on taking me with him.

"There's not time for you to be stubborn, I know you don't believe me and think that I'm crazy but just play along for a couple of minutes while I try and get us out of this mess." He snaps but I can immediately see that he regrets his words when he looks back at me. It should't make a difference to me since once you've let your anger go like that at someone, you'll do it again and it doesn't really matter how sorry you are.

All of our actions have consequences.

"I swear to god if you kill me, I am going to haunt your ass and all of my friends will know you as that crazy guy I hooked up with once. You might actually be the thing that gets me to give up drinking." I come to the conclusion quietly at the end but with the way his hand is squeezing mine, I don't think I was very good at being quiet and keeping my thoughts to myself.

"I'm not going to kill you but you might want to kill me for what I'm about to do." He warns me as he turns to face me; I have never really been the kind of girl to obsesses over a guys eyes but just for a moment there I thought I was drowning. Time stood still just for a fraction of a second and I now fully understand all of the women that fall under the spell of handsome men everyday.

I don't have any time to say anything before his lips are on mine and it feels like I am floating up in the clouds. His firm lips pressing against mine,  his arms closing around me like a cage that I never want to get out from. It's as if this kiss has the power to defy gravity but that ceases to be an insane thought when I realise that I actually don't feel the ground beneath my feet.

My eyes fly open as I look down and see the ground becoming further and further but all I can see around us are white silky feathers wrapped around us like a cloak. I want to open my mouth and scream, I want to ask a million questions but as I look into his light blue eyes, I cannot utter a single word.

I swear that I am losing my mind as he smiles at me and at the same time we leave the busy city and find ourselves in the middle of a forrest. The noise from the over crowded streets no longer deafening around us, but all I can hear are the melodies of birds and nearby water.

"I have bought us a little bit of time but we have to find her quickly before they find us." he speaks first, breaking whatever trance I had fallen under. Even though he has spoken, breaking the spell it seems like I am still unable to form a single word or make it come out of my mouth.

He starts looking around as if he knows where we are, I mean he took us here; whatever that means. But that doesn't change the fact that we are still in the middle of the woods and with every tasing second I am becoming more sceptical that this isn't some nightmare I am going to wake up from.

There are so many questions whizzing through my head that I have no idea which one is the most important so I can ask him; even though I have the suspicion that any answer he gives me is only going to open up more questions. I have to open my mouth and ask some of them because right now I feel like I am going insane.

"Who exactly are we looking for in the middle of nowhere?" I ask, trying to stay calm and aware of everything around us but I know I am failing because I can't help but grip his hand in mine tighter when the trees part in front of us and the most beautiful woman I have ever seen comes out of nowhere.

"Hi Samuel, it's been a couple of decades since we last saw each other." She smiles at the guy with me, who's name I now know but once again there are so many questions running through my mind. Did she just say decades and why is she looking him like that?