Chapter 11 - Flashbacks

Hayley's POV

Opening the front door drowsily, I heard my brother in the kitchen.

"I'm back and what are we eating?" I yelled lazily. It was the end of school and I just drove back from school I'm tired as fuck.

"Welcome back and we're going to be eating Swedish meatballs with pasta" he yelled back. My eyes brightened and beamed.

"YES!" I cheered jumping around and doing a weird happy dance.

I decided to take a shower and screw the fricken homework teachers give to me. I got out a baggy sweatshirt and black mid thigh shorts. After I took a shower, I went downstairs to the cream walled living room and put on The Ring because why the fuck not. I flopped on the couch as my brother came in with the foodiess. The Swedish meatballs pasta with some kind creamy cheese sauce and a can of Coke.

"Tanks woo!" I screeched as I got up from the couch and started to eat it slowly because I always eat slowly for my favourite foodies!

"Haha your still so weird, Hay Zay!" my brother, or should I say Ethan, chuckled as he left and went back to his room. I basically watched the movie, screamed from jump scares, ate food, drank some drinks and fell asleep on the couch.

-

-

Calum's POV-
(a/n: never done cal pals before so here it is!)

I was out with Michael from when school ended and I couldn't even count how much times he was talking about Rylie. It's currently 4:28pm and god has he been talking about her for such a LONG time!

"She's so amazing and-and beautiful and funny and... wow! I love her, man!" he exclaimed as I chuckled.

"Wow, calm dude! I know you have a big crush on her but this is bro's day out! Come on!" I cheered, laughing.

"Oh really? I bet you wanna talk about how amazing Hayley is, don't you?" he smirked, wriggling his eyebrows and nudging me. That had reminded me of yesterday's conversation with Hayley...

~flashback starts~

"Well, it all started..." I took a long breath "in music class and the teacher told us to write a song about somebody. I, being the student I was, had no idea who to do it on. I didn't want to do Luke, Michael or Ashton because that would be weird so it was real hard. One day, when I was sitting with my friends, I was complaining about who to do it on and they pointed at you and started to laugh. They said you were a nerdy person and I should write about how ugly you were also including your stupid friends. It was mean, I know, and I was going to start the song but this one other day I had the exact same classes with you for the whole day" I paused and took a breath, seeing if she needed to ask questions.

"So... wait! You were 'that' Calum?" she asked shocked "THE Calum Hood in the soccer team and the soccer sensation?"

"Well yeah..." I felt embarrassed so I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Ohmigod..." she said, her breath stolen "Anyway, continue" she turned to me again, I nodded and continued.

"First we had Maths and like any other student, I hated it. You, on the other hand, didn't seem to care and flew through maths like an eagle. Then there was Drama, you were so real and passionate that it was amazing. The whole process continued, you know? Me being fascinated by you even though there were people so much better? Then came PE, I thought you were horrible at PE but you amazed me again by your amazing dodge ball skills. Even though other people were so much better" I ended some of it there. She nodded her head indicating I continue and by the look on her face, she was surprised.