13

Weeks passed.
Things were slowly going back to was they'd been like before. Kurt was.. happy.
Blaine was thoughtful, and a good boyfriend. He'd tried bringing the whole engagement thing up, but Kurt avoided it, saying that he was busy with the new directions, and really, wasn't Blaine busy with the warblers?
I'm truth he was avoiding it for another reason.
Every morning, the first thing he did when he woke, was check his phone for any new messages. He'd be preoccupied with it all day, checking his phone.
It was the last thing he checked before he went to bed, and the last thing he thought about.
But there were never any messages from Sebastian.
Kurt missed him, so bad. He couldn't tell anyone how his heart was heavy, and filled with sorrow. Rachel had never really forgotten or forgiven Sebastian about the whole incident with blackmailing her with photoshopped pictures of Finn,
And Blaine who was thoughtful and sweet wouldn't understand how Kurt wished Sebastian would talk to him.
The worst was, that it was up to Sebastian. Because Kurt had lost his number.

Kurt sighed. Had Blaine been right?

No matter if he had or not, Kurt found himself longing to talk to someone who'd understand him, and it hurt when he realised that the only person he wanted to talk to, was the person he missed.
***
Blaine was sitting, reading when he saw Kurt enter the lounge. Kurt, his boyfriend.
"Blaine?" Kurt sat down, not meeting Blaine's eyes, though Blaine tried his best to get him to do so.
"I was thinking... I was thinking of going to Westerville."
Blaine watched Kurt fiddle with the hem of his shirt
"Why?" He asked.

"I want to visit a friend."

"Who?" Blaine studied him.

"Jeff. He asked if I could come over."
Blaine smiled. Watching his boyfriend.
"That's great, baby."
***
Going to bed that night, Kurt sighed. Blaine didn't tell that he was lying.
Sebastian would've: in a moment.

The next day, Kurt headed to Westerville. Not to jeff's, like he'd told blaine, but to Sebastian's house.
He rang the doorbell, shifting from one foot to the other, nibbling on his lower lip, a bad habit he'd picked up.
A woman opened the door, Kurt was not a second in doubt that this was mrs. Smythe. Her son looked like her.
"Can I help you?" She asked, voice kind.
"I'm looking for Sebastian." Kurt said, smiling politely.

"He's not here."

Kurt frowned
"Can I come back later?"

The woman studied him.
"I'm afraid he won't be here, then, either. He's leaving."
Kurt frowned even more.
"Leaving?"

"He's going back to New York."

With those words, Kurts world fell apart.
He didn't remember how he said goodbye, or stumbled back to his car.
The first thing he remembered was texting and falling Sebastian, what he thought was Sebastian's number, frantically.
After three failed messages, that would go through, and calling some old person by a mistake, Kurt broke down in tears, crying hard for the person he had lost.

**
Coming back to Blaine, it was obvious that Kurt was crying, but no matter what questions Blaine asked, Kurt avoided them.
As the two of them ate dinner, the doorbell rang.
Blaine got up, and opened the door.
***

Sebastian was aware that Kurt was in a relationship.
He was aware that Kurt was ignoring him.
But he wanted and needed to say goodbye to him.

So when Blaine opened the door, Sebastian's heart fell.
"What do you want?" Blaines voice was cold, superior.

"I want to say goodbye to Kurt." Sebastian said, voice as composed as he could.

"He doesn't want to say goodbye to you." Blaine snapped.
That's when Sebastian lost it.
"How do you know what he wants?!"

"I'm his boyfriend!" Blaine retorted
"Has he told you, that he doesn't want to see me?!" Sebastian crosses his arms, annoyed. His mother had sent him a message, saying that someone matching Kurts physical description had been to his house to see him.
"He doesn't have to." Blaine said, voice a growl.

"Did he tell you he went to my house, this morning?"

"Back off, smythe, he's mine!"
Blaine spat, slamming the door.

Kurt, who'd been watching from the window, sprinted out the porch door, and out to Sebastian's car, before he could leave.
"Sebastian! Please don't leave."
He said, voice strained.

Sebastian looked at him. "I can't stay, Kurt. I don't want my heart broken. Just.. I hope you're happy with Blaine."

And with those words, Sebastian got in his car, and drove off, leaving Kurt standing wordless on the street, tears filling his eyes.