9

Sebastian drove Kurt home.
The drive was nice, and Kurt felt his heart flutter when Sebastian kissed his hand before he got out the car, waving before heading inside.

Sebastian drove off, frowning when he saw a familiar car parked on the corner of the street, some houses from Kurts.
He didn't think much of it, but maybe he should've.

Kurt stepped into the house, pulling off his jacket and shoes, skin still tingling where Sebastian had placed his lips on his hand.
With a smile he went into the living room where he saw his dad, frowning; stopping, when he saw who was sitting on the couch, talking to his dad.
"Whats going on?" He asked.

"Blaine came by, said he wanted to talk to you. We invited him for dinner." Carole said, with a smile. She knew they weren't exactly speaking a lot, but also knew that Blaine was a decent person.

Kurt was quiet for a moment. "Okay.." he ran a hand through his hair, thinking. In all honesty, if it were any other day, he'd talk to Blaine. But right now, he wanted to go to his room, and swoon completely over the fact that he'd just kissed Sebastian Smythe, and go into details about if they were dating, and freak out about not knowing.

But that'd have to wait.
Because Blaine wanted to talk to him. About what he wasn't sure.

Dinner was awkward, Kurt sitting beside Blaine. It felt familiar, but at the same time weird, because they weren't touching at all. But he could feel Blaine looking at him. A lot.

But Kurt would, in all honesty, rather have Blaine look at him and sit next to him quietly during dinner, a hundred times again, than relive the conversation they had next.

"It's a while since I've been here." Blaine said, sitting down on Kurts bed, once they were alone in the solace of Kurts room.
"I guess." Kurt said, sitting down across from Blaine.
"Why're you here?" He asked, catching his ex by surprise.
"I want to talk to you. It's kind of important."
"Well, talk." Kurt crosses his arms. He wasn't sure why he suddenly felt angry with Blaine, but maybe it had something to do with what Sebastian had told him a while ago, or maybe the fact that he was dating karofsky. But he felt angry. Annoyed.

"Whats going on with you and Sebastian?" Blaine asked.
Kurt refrained from rolling his eyes.
"He's my friend." He said, looking at Blaine.
"We can talk together."

"Have you forgotten who he is? What he did to you in high school?" Blaine crossed his arms, watching Kurt.

"Of course I haven't. But people change."
Blaine looked like he wanted to interrupt, but Kurt silenced him. "They do. You changed. I changed. That's why we fell apart. Sebastian and I have a lot in common, and we're just drinking coffee."

"How often?"

Kurt scoffed. "Not that it's any of your business, but, five times a week."

"So nearly every day." Blaine concluded, earning an eye roll from Kurt. "Obviously."

"You should stay away from him." Blaine looked at him, his eyes sincere, but something was lurking behind. Something, and Kurt wasn't sure what.

He took a breath, shaking his head.
"That's your opinion, but it's my life, Blaine."

Blaine got up, running a hand over his hair. "Damnit Kurt, I'm trying to protect you!"
Kurt raised an eyebrow. "I don't need you to." He said, leaning back.
"You're not my boyfriend."

Blaine advanced towards him "Sebastian isn't either. And you should remember that. He's gonna break you apart, Kurt."

Kurt watched him.
"Blaine, I think you should leave."

Blaine stood close to Kurt, sighing.
"Have coffee with me tomorrow?"

Kurt frowned. "I planned to have coffee with-"

"-Sebastian, I know. But I'm sure he can go one day without your company. He did before. Please, for old times sake."

Despite knowing that he should've said no, kurt gave in when he saw how Blaine's eyes sparkled at the idea.
"Okay. We'll have coffee tomorrow." He said.
***
A few days later, Kurt realised that was were things had gone wrong. It wasn't really the conversation he didn't want to relieve. It was were it started. And that was the problem.