Chapter 6

Koras POV

When we arrive in Portland Nick takes Antonio and I straight to his house. When we walk inside I hear a woman say "Nick are you back from the work trip," Nick smiles and says "Juliette can you come here please." About a minute later a woman walks in and Nick says "Kora this is Juliette, my girlfriend. Juliette this is my twin sister Kora and her boyfriend Antonio. They were attacked in their house so I said they could stay here while their boss investigates." She nods and says "you are both cops then," I smile and say "yeah, we are both detectives." Nick smiles and says "so that's why Renard was confused when you got sent here from a case." I smile and say "yeah my partner was confused as well, there are only a small amount of times that there are two detective Burkhardts' in one room." He nods and says "so your room is upstairs to the right, try not to make too much noise and try not to fire the guns." We nod and pick our bags up before walking upstairs.

When we find the room Antonio smiles so I say "What are you thinking about," he turns to me and says "just thinking about when we hold our baby for the first time." I smile and say "one month and we can start thinking about names." He nods and smiles before saying "but for now we just cuddle." He then pulls be backwards and hugs me. I smile and say "what if it's twins," he smiles more and says "it doesn't matter, our family will just be bigger."

The Next Day

I wake up and walk downstairs to see Nick in the kitchen. I smile and walk over before saying "what's for breakfast," he chuckles and says "there is a plate for you and Antonio in the oven, Juliette and I are working, please don't ruin the house." I smile and say "I will try not to." He nods and rushes out as Antonio walks down the stairs. I smile and he says "Voight wants me back, they found they guy," I nod and say "I'm gonna stay here for another few days," he nods and says "I love you so much." I smile and give him a kiss before saying "I love you too." He smiles more so I grab the plates and we sit and eat.

When Antonio leaves I grab a cab to visit Nick at work.

When I arrive my phone starts going off so I answer it to hear Jay say "don't come back to Chicago, Antonio was acting weird so I investigated, he was cheating on you, I'm so sorry Kora." I tear up slightly and say "can you and Hank come to Portland," He quickly says "the helicopter has just landed, Hank thought you would say that, he said for you to go to where your brother works." I quickly say "ok," before he hangs up. I sit down on the stairs. I look down and just cry. After a few minutes, I hear Nick say "Kora what's going on, are you ok." I stand up and walk over to him before hugging him. I then say "Nick he was cheating on me." He sighs and says "let's get you inside." I nod and he takes me in and I sit by his desk. I sit there for a while before the captain walks out and says "Nick I need you to pick some cops from Chicago up from the airport."