Chapter 1

Koras POV
As I walk into work I put a coffee down on the front desk before going up the stairs. When I reach the top I put all the coffees on the desk before sitting down. I sit there for a bit before Voight walks out of his office and says "the serial killer we didn't catch has gone to Portland, Kora, Jay you're going to help." I nod and stand up before Jay walks over and says "so a work road trip." I smile and say "we're getting a plane you dimwit," he chuckles before we get to the cars. I sigh and say "we meet back here." He nods before we get into separate cars.

When I arrive home I walk in to see someone stood there. I raise my gun at them before saying "who are you and why are you in my house." They take their hood down and say "Kora it's me, you're mum." I glare at her and say "my mum died in a crash, you have ten seconds to get out." They quickly run so I pack my bag and drive back to the station as quickly as possible.

When I pull up I see Jay and Antonio waiting so I park the car and walk over to them. Jay smiles and says "took your time there Burkhardt." I glare and him and say "remember who you're stuck with Halstead." Antonio starts laughing so I turn to him and say "Shut up Dawson." We all then get in the SUV and Antonio drives to the airport.

When we arrive Jay and I walk to the jet to take us to Portland. When we get on we sit down before we take off. Not long after I drift off to sleep.

I wake up to Jay shouting "Burkhardt." I glare at him and he says "we're about to land." I nod and say "there should be a patrol car waiting for us." He nods before the altitude starts to decrease.

When we get to the Portland precinct we walk inside to the captains office. He smiles and says "so you are Chicago's finest." I smile and say "Captain our backgrounds explain everything." He nods and says "what are your names," Jay smiles and says "I'm detective Jay Halstead and this is detective Kora Burkhardt." He looks at me weirdly before two people walk in. I smile and so does one of them. We both then immediately hug each other. The captain looks at us and says "how do you two know each other." Nick smiles and says "Captain this is my twin sister Kora."