Chapter Eighteen

Catalina

The doors to TVAH were wide open, letting out enraged and pained screams spill out of the building. A few Saviors were fighting vigilantes outside the building on my way in.

I stopped in the lobby just before Flashbang ran into me. He turned, eyes wild, then did a double take.

"Hey, supervillain over here!" he shouted to some random girl dressed in bright yellow spandex. She glanced over me and decided I wasn't worth it.

Flashbang spun around and went to clap. I quickly grabbed his hands, then wisely decided to drop them and put mine up. "I'm not a threat!"

Oh, this is fucking weird.

"What are you doing here then?" he demanded.

I let out a small laugh. "I doubt you'd understand. But I promise I'm not with the Saviors."

He was still suspicious. "How do you know where TVAH is, then?"

I smiled. "Doesn't matter. Want to team up?"

I just need to use this brat to find Inferno. Should be easy if he agrees.

A few gunshots went off somewhere else in the building, making us both jump.

What do I do if he doesn't?

Flashbang eyed me for a moment. "Fine. I'll stun them, you take them out. And if you try to screw me over, you're dead."

My nervous smile dropped. I stared at him, heart skipping a beat. "When you say take them out...?"

"Kill them. You're a villain, aren't you?" he said simply, moving to attack the nearest Savior who was making a beeline for some dude in pink and red Kevlar.

Oh, yeah, I forgot the heroes here are worse than half the villains in Iron Beach.

Flashbang brought his gloved hands together, sending a high pitched ringing throughout the building. I closed me eyes against the quick flash of light before forcing my disoriented self to stumble forward.

I took down at least three Saviors when I was disoriented, and for some reason, that seemed to work better than when I regained my senses.

I eyed the nearest one when I could finally hear again, a tall and curvy girl I was standing behind. I trudged forward and tapped her shoulder as a bouncy ball flew passed my head.

I stopped. Stared at the wall. Debated the meaning of life. Questioned what kind of fucked up genetics allowed someone to control bouncy balls as a superpower.

The girl seemed to wonder the same thing, but she shook her head and turned to me regardless.

"Why is a supervillain here?" The modified voice crackled like some sort of villain out of a cheesy horror movie.

"Kicks and giggles."

She looked me up and down, the closest semblance to anything human under her suit.

I punched her. Her head snapped to the side. I gasped and clutched my hand as pain exploded across my knuckles.

Shit! I just want to find Nic, this is so stupid! I'm not getting a paycheck for this!

I ducked the moment she went to retaliate, but as soon as I did she brought her knee up under my chin.

"Alright, bitch," I snapped after falling on my ass and freezing her feet to the floor. I stood and let my fist frost over before I punched her again.