Chapter Seven

Nic

I scanned over the gothic girl with white hair, wearing a mask with a skeleton design on it. She had no visible injuries, but I could see blood on the floor around her and on her pale hands.

My gaze switched to Paramount as she turned to face me. I glared at the tanned girl wearing a red jumpsuit before throwing a fireball at her, watching in sadistic satisfaction as it burned her arm.

She yelped and stumbled backwards. Before she had to time to throw up a forcefield, Glacier threw an icicle at her with so much force it made me wonder if she had super strength.

The icicle grazed Paramount's already injured arm, but it was sharp enough to cut her.

"Would you look at that?" Paramount sneered, pulling out her gun. "You two are actually working together for once."

I didn't even realize Zack was there until he ran out of the kitchen, a frying pan in hand. "Hey!"

What the fuck?

Paramount turned just in time to get hit in the face. She fell to the ground, unconscious. Or dead. Or internally bleeding.

"I'm taking the money for her arrest since I'm bringing her back to TVAH and you weren't suited up," I declared.

Zack glared at me. "You and Freezer Burn need to get out."

"Why so hostile, Zack Attack?" Glacier questioned.

"You just tried to rob me!"

"I didn't know you would be here, okay?"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Glacier's hand. "Come on. You need to leave before the cops show up." I narrowed my eyes as she winced. "Are you okay?"

"Totally. Just got stabbed in the shoulder is all," was her casual reply. "Oh, and I got drugged like ten minutes ago."

If it was any other day, I might've told her it was karma and laughed, but for some weird reason, I pulled her into a tight hug and said, "You need to be careful."

You know, like an idiot.

It took Glacier a minute, but then she wrapped her arms around me and muttered, "You know your suit is on backwards, right?"

I felt my face flush as I pulled away. I said nothing as I grabbed Paramount and left, flying back to TVAH to fill out the paperwork. Since the police stopped holding supers at the station, I had to leave Paramount in one of the holding cells at TVAH.

Ghost found me as I was headed back to my office. "Hey, Inferno. Good job tonight. Do you have a minute?"

I shrugged and followed her back to her room. Well, technically it was an office, but it's weird to say that since Ghost practically lived there.

The only time I ever used my office was to fill out paperwork or to take breaks between patrols. Ghost, on the other hand, spent nearly all her free time in there.

To my knowledge, her parents left her outside a gas station in the middle of the night when she was seven, so she went to live with her grandpa. The sad thing was that she used all the money she earned to pay the bills for him.

"My understanding is that Bliss is one of the main villains we should be worrying about right now. Well, technically all of Cyanide is a problem and Evergreen is back with them ever since she escaped. We didn't bring her in that day at the zoo. We need to keep an eye out for Blazing Sun and Polar Ice too. We aren't on the Saviors case, so they're not something we should focus on."