Chapter 9

78 views! Thank y'all so much! Please comment if there's anything I can do to make it better, or just feedback on my writing style in general. Also, please let me know if I type something that doesn't go along with the actual series themselves. This chapter is from Sophie's POV. Hope you like it!

Sophie was lying awake in the bed that the Neverseen gave her in her prison room when she heard a weird noise that sounded like a saw. She decided to pretend to be sleeping, in case it was the Neverseen. She didn't want to be drugged again. For the past hours... days? Time had no meaning. Life was a constant haze of waking up, trying to get away with it for as long as possible and then being sedated.

While she was faking sleep, she felt a pair of strong arms lift her, and she was leapt away. Once she and her captor/savior reached their destination, she dared to open her eyes a little bit. When she saw his bright teal eyes, her eyes widened. "Fitz!" she cried.

"Sophie! I didn't know what happened. I thought you were dead. Gethen said, he said..." 

"I don't know what he said, and I don't want to know," she interrupted him. "All I know is that you got me home safely."

"Let's go inside and tell the others. Keefe and I snuck out to save you, so no one knows that you were missing."

"Where's Keefe then?" Sophie questioned.

Suddenly, Fitz broke down crying. "I- I'm so sorry. He f- fell into a l- lava pit." Fitz sobbed. Sophie felt a tear roll down her cheek. It felt like her heart had been ripped out. Keefe was everything to her. Even though she was with Fitz, she still loved Keefe. Keefe knew her better than anyone, and he helped her through all of the hard times.

"Stop it, Fitz," she said, struggling to keep it together. "You can't feel guilty. You know how dangerous it is. Remember what happened to Alden?"

"Yeah, I know, I'm sorry," he replied, wiping his face with his sleeve.

"Let's go to your room. We can tell the others later." Sophie suggested. She levitated them up, and teleported them into his room. They sat on Fitz's bed and cried. While they were sitting, Sophie snuggled closer, putting her head on his shoulder. He wrapped her in his arms, and pulled her closer, resting his chin on top of her head. After they had both composed themselves, Sophie changed into some more comfortable clothes.

Sorry, I've been writing short chapters lately. My next one will be long though, and will have a lot more characters, like parents and Sandor. (I realized that I had forgotten about him, whoops. Sorry Sandor!) -Karissa