Chapter Sixteen

Are you going to tell me about that Jake guy?” Dominic asked me a couple days after our little confrontation with that crazy ass kid. We were lying in bed watching movies when he asked me about him.

“He was a guy I met at a coffee shop when I was in college. We dated for a year but I ended it because he began deinking a lot and was verbally abusive.” I answered him. Dominic looked angry then. I wouldn’t tell him the real reason I broke up with Jake.

“I should have beaten the shit out of him. Why the hell would he handle you like that? Did he not notice you are pregnant? Fucking little prick.” He mumbled, eyes fixed on the TV.

“Violence doesn’t fix anything.”

“Yeah tell him that. He threw you on the ground.” Dominic answered looking over at me intently. Talking about this wasn’t going to solve anything so I shut up. Conversation having to do with Jake was not something I wanted to talk about. Today was my day to spend time with Dominic.  

After half an hour of silence and watching the TV I fell asleep, fast.

(Dominic’s POV)

After Amelia had fallen asleep I took it upon myself to call Harper to ask about Jake. I knew she would be pissed if she found out I was doing this but if she wasn’t going to give me any answers, what better way to find them out by talking to her best friend since high school?

“Hey, Am!” Harper answered the call. I would ask her about her and Creed. I hadn’t talked to him in a while and Amelia said they were leaving in a week.

“Oh it’s Dominic. Just needed to ask you something about someone.” I replied, probably making her sad after getting her hopes up that it was Amelia.

“Oh hi Dominic! What do you need to know?” She asked me. I hesitated for a moment before I asked who Jake Smith was. “Oh that prick, ugh? I still can’t believe he killed her baby. That guy WAS the devil!” She babbled. I frowned, killed her baby?

“Wait, he killed her baby? What do you mean?” I asked, becoming very alert and curious.

“Oh damn, she didn’t tell you did she. Shit!” Harper said, panic in her voice. “She is going to hate me forever.” Harper began to babble again but I shut her up, demanding she tell me what the hell she was talking about. Finally she sighed and told me what I needed to hear. “She got pregnant when they were together. They fought a lot and one night I guess he kicked her or something and she lost her baby. You’re not going to tell her that I told you Dominic, are you? She would be so pissed at me. Please don’t tell her.” She begged. I decided then that I was going to find Jake smith and ALMOST kill him!

                                                                                ****

I sat across the room from Amelia and glared at the floor. She had been drilling me to tell her why I was angry and I thought if I should tell her. Maybe I could just make up a lie and just go and beat the shit out of that terrible man. I decided either way I was going to do that anyway. In the end I decided I would confront her with this new news I had learned but only because I was furious with her for not telling me this before.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were pregnant before?” I asked Amelia not looking at her.

She gapped at me, looking like I had just slapped her across the face. “How the hell did you find that out? It was Harper wasn’t it? God I’m going to kill her!” Amelia said.

“It doesn’t matter who told me, it wasn’t you though. Why didn’t you tell me that Amelia?” I asked her again. I felt betrayed by the whole thing.

“Because I wasn’t ready maybe?  You have no right to be pissed off at me, you know you don’t tell me everything either Dominic.” Was her reply.

“This isn’t about me, Amelia ok? It’s not about me.”

It’s like she didn’t even hear a word I said, just continued to rant and rave. “I can’t believe you would go behind my back and ask my friend about something I would rather just forget about. How dare you?”  

“Because I wanted to know and you weren’t giving me the answers that I wanted!” 

“You should have respected that I didn’t want to tell you and you just should have waited patiently for me to tell you. Oh no! Dominic has to be a nosey asshole!” She yelled at me.

“Jesus Christ, Amelia. I don’t want to fight with you about this. About anything at all really. I’m just upset that you didn’t tell me something like that. I’ve told you everything about myself, haven’t I?” I asked her. She didn’t answer me, instead glared at the floor, pouting like a little child.

“Well you know now, so what are you going to do about it?” She asked me finally.

I raised my eyebrow at her. “I’m going to beat the shit out of him. That is what I’m going to do.” I said, getting up and grabbing my coat.

“No you’re not.”

I stopped at the door and looked at her, “Yes I am. You know what Amelia, just be glad I told you what I was going to do. I could be a real asshole and not tell you anything since that happens often in this relationship.” I glared.

“Just go, Dominic, go and beat the shit out of him, like I can stop you.” She said. Fair enough. I opened the door and stepped outside but not before hearing a pissed off Amelia mumble under her breath, ‘You are such a prick. We should have stayed, Just Friends.’

------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!

--HALEY♥