Princess For A Day (Ch30)

I'm in the kitchen, minding my own business when there's knocking at the door. Ava said we can't answer it so I'll just leave it alone. Ava taught me how to make a sandwich since she made one for me the other day and I enjoyed it. So I'm making one now.

Asch is in the lounge room watching some weird sock show while the others are in their rooms doing something. I don't know what they're doing and I don't particularly care.

I'm about to bite into my sandwich when the knocking on the door continues. It's getting annoying... But I ignore it.

Asch on the other hand storms up from the couch and over to Ava's room. "PRINCESS AVA THERE IS KNOCKING AT THE DOOR!" He yells and I can't help but roll my eyes at his antics.

Deciding to just focus on eating my sandwich he suddenly storms away from Ava's door. "If she won't answer the door, I WILL!" He yells and I drop my sandwich as I watch him storm over to the door.

"Asch no!" I yell running up to him to try and stop him, but he makes it to the door anyway. He's obviously angry so whatever poor soul is at the door isn't going to have a fun time.

He opens the door roughly and growls angrily while making a fireball appear in his hand. He's breaking so many rules!

"Asch you moron! Ava said no scaring the humans!" I yell whacking him on the head as the tiny human screams.

"Now look what you did! The tiny human is scared! Get inside and stop breaking the rules!" I scold him as I shove him back inside the apartment.

"Marlene! Asch, what the heck?!" Ava yells as she comes running out after the tiny human. Asch growls at me and goes to argue but I just turn my back and go into the kitchen to FINALLY eat my sandwich.

Asch goes back to watching the show and everything is just quiet. Too quiet.

As I take the last bite of my sandwich Ava comes bursting into the apartment, "Y/N! ASCH! DAEMOS! LITERALLY EVERYONE! COME HERE PLEASE!!" She yells and I look over to Ava with confusion.

"What's wrong Ava?" I ask walking over to the lounge room, the other guys appear in the room too.

"Okay, I'm going to break this down for you all. I'm going to be babysitting." Ava states and my confused face turns into one of concern.

The boys start bombarding her with questions so I go up to her and quietly ask her, "Ava... Why do you sit on babies?"

Before she can answer Noi asks, "Huh, we never really asked about human babies... Where do they come from?"

My heart stops and my face goes red. I learnt about both Daemos and Human biology. I don't want to explain where babies come from. If I do I'll have to explain how there... Ew. No.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and try to change the subject back to this 'babysitting' thing. But then Noi decides to remember that I studied it! Noooo!!!

"Hey y/n, you studied biology or humans right? Where do babies come from?" He so innocently asks and I chuckle nervously.

"Uhhh, haha. I'm not going to talk about that. Right now we need to listen to Ava. Ava, please continue with what you were saying about sitting on babies." I ask awkwardly and Ava obliges without hesitation.

"So that tiny human Asch scared off earlier is Mrs Oates grandchild. Their name is Marlene and I'll be babysitting her, what that means is I'll be looking after her." Ava explains, and I nod in understanding.

"So in what way would you be looking after her?" I ask, just wanting to clarify what she'll be doing in this time of babysitting.

"Like a parent or guardian, so feeding her, making sure she doesn't hurt herself. The basic stuff." Ava explains. So Marlene is Mrs Oates grandchild, she must come from a very powerful and assertive bloodline.