Movies (Ch11)

We get back to the apartment and the others still haven't figured out the human clothes. Why are they so dumb? I sat down on the couch and looked around, kinda feeling bored.

"Aaavvvvaaa," I whined and tilted my head back off the couch to look at Ava who was in the kitchen.

"Whaaatttt?" She whined back, making me laugh slightly. "I'm boooreeeddd..." She laughed at me then walked over to me. She handed me back rectangle with what looked like buttons on it. "What is this?" I asked examining it.

"That's a T.V remote. You use it to control the T.V." she says pointing to the black box in front of me. I point the remote at the T.V, "Do stuff." I say at it and Ava laughs. "No-no-no. You press the buttons. Here let me show you."

She grabs the remote from my hands and shows me what to do, "You press this big red button. It turns it on." She presses it and the T.V turns on, it's showing people. "Woah, can they see us?" I ask and she laughs.

"No, that's what we humans call a video, film, show or even a movie. It goes by many names. But we humans watch it for entertainment." Ava says pointing the remote at the T.V again.

"You press the button that says Netflix and that way you can watch all different types of movies and shows." Ava explains pressing the button that says 'Netflix'.

Handing me the remote she says, "Use the arrows to look at the different shows and movies. When you find one you think is interesting press the 'OK' button that's in the centre of the arrows. Okay?" I nod and she walks back into the kitchen.

I do as she says and I find a show called 'stranger things'. The sound it's making sounds awesome so I click the OK button and watch the show.

...An hour later...

"This is amazing!! Is it real?!" I exclaim as Ava hands me what she called popcorn. "No, it's all pretend. Humans call it acting." Ava explains laughing slightly.

We finished episode one and I love this show! "Let's watch the next one!" I say happily and Ava laughs. "Sure y/n, tell you what. How about we spend tonight binge-watching season one?" Ava asks and I look at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Binge-watch?" I ask and Ava nods, "Binge-watch. It's when you watch all of a season without stopping. Sometimes people watch multiple seasons at once." Ava explains and I smile brightly.

"So we can watch more?!" I ask and Ava laughs, "Yes, we can watch more."

"Yay!" I exclaim. Ava laughs at me and some of the guys come out of the wall to see what's going on. "What are you going doing? Woah! What's that?!" Noi asks and I smile at him.

"This is a show called stranger things. Humans watch shows like this for entertainment. It's really cool!" I exclaim and Noi sits on the floor in front of me to watch too.

Eventually, all the guys come out and watch the show. Ava is the left of me, Asch is on the right and Pierce next to him.

Leif is on the floor next to Noi and Rhys is on a chair by himself. Everyone seems to be enjoying this show. "Woah! She can move things with her mind!"

"They shot that guy!"

"What's the upside-down?"

"Did you see her shatter that door?!"

I'm learning a lot about humans through this show too. Apparently the time this show was set in, according to Ava, was about 35 years ago, in the '80s as she called it. So the 'technology' isn't recent. But it's still such a cool show!

"What?! That can't be the end! Can we watch season two?!" I exclaim standing up in shock. Ava laughs, "Another day. Right now how about we chill out with a movie before going to bed." Ava says going out of stranger things and into a movie.

"Okay..." I say sighing and sit back down. I didn't pay much attention to the movie, eventually, I just fell asleep.

...Morning...

I woke up the next morning feeling a weight on top of me, this is odd... Opening my eyes I see someone laying top of me. I look to at who it is and immediately want to die. Asch. Why not Ava?! At least she's a friend and it would be fine. Why Asch?!

I try to squirm away without waking him, but he only pulls me closer. Gah! Don't do that! Beginning to panic, I'm tempted just to use magic to teleport away. But that won't be very practical in the long run due to magic use, I may need my magic for later. Uh crap sticks what do I do?!

He starts to wake up and I freeze. What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?! He looks up slightly to see he's holding onto someone. When he looks up his face goes red slightly and so does mine.

He goes to get up but we see a flash, I turn to see Ava. She's giggling, "Ava what did you do?!" I yell pushing Asch off of me and walking up to Ava.

"I took of photo of you two." She says still giggling to herself.

"Photo?" I ask and she nods, "On my phone. See," she shows me her phone and on it is Asch and me. My face goes redder and I hit the phone away.

"Hey!" Ava says angrily, grabbing the phone from the floor. "What are photos?" I ask still embarrassed about this whole situation.

"They're like films and shows. Only you take them and they don't move. A video is a moving photo that you take." She explains, showing me the photos and videos.

"How long do they stay?" I ask and she smiles, "until someone deletes them and I'm not deleting that photo of you and Asch, so that's staying forever. Now if you'll excuse me I have to take photos for my Instagram."

"No! Delete it! Ava!" I whine and she holds her phone away from me, "Nope, you don't get a choice. Now, how about I show you Instagram?