She's Not Dead I Swear! (Ch24)

"Y/n?" I heard Mrs Oates say to me, trying to get my attention. I'm currently drowning in my thoughts and I might have gone into a temporary state of unconsciousness, but that's not certain.

Either way, I snap back into reality as if someone pulled me harshly by the wrist and slammed me into it. Turning my attention to the elderly woman I can see the evident worry in her expression. Was I really zoned out for that long?

"Y/n dear are you alright? I've been calling your name for the past five minutes." She states, her voice matching the amount of concern that's in her eyes.

I sigh and place a small smile of my face, "Must have zoned out. Sorry, Mrs Oates." I say laughing nervously in hopes to persuade her further. She smiles back and nods, the worry leaving her eyes. Indicating that my acting worked well.

"Well I've finished drying Ava's hair, come with me and we can change her into warmer clothes." Mrs Oates says as she begins walking into Ava's room. I nod and follow her.

Placing Ava down gently onto the bed I then walking over to Mrs Oates who is by, what I believe, is that place that Ava holds her clothing.

"Why don't you pick something for her?" Mrs Oates asks, moving out of my way so I can get a better view of the clothing. I nod and glace through the clothing items.

I end up picking a white shirt that says, 'personality', as well as some comfy looking pants for Ava. The shirt is also like her pink one she usually wears as it's got holes on the shoulder part. I hope it's okay, human clothes obviously different from Daemos clothing. I don't know what matches.

"Come on, we'll get her dressed." Mrs Oates says as she walks over to Ava with the clothes I gave her.

In only a few minutes Ava's dressed and I pick her up and move her so she is comfortable on her bed. Sitting on my knees next to her I notice her starting to stir. So I start stroking her hair gently and she falls asleep again.

Lost in my thoughts I almost didn't hear Mrs Oates chuckle as she watched the scene in front of her. I turn to face her and raise an eyebrow questioningly. She smiles at me and responds to my questioning gaze, "Sorry, it's just. You're so kind to Ava. I'm glad she found a friend who cares for her as much as you do." Mrs Oates says smiling at me.

"Kind?" I ask. I've never been called, kind before... "I'll go start on the soup, can you stay here and watch Ava for me?" Mrs Oates asks, I nod and turn my attention back to Ava as Mrs Oates leaves the room.

Kind huh? Daemos aren't known to be, kind. I knew Earth changed me but... I have to stay, this place is so much calmer than Daemos. This place is logical, not brutal. It has mercy instead of people begging for it.

I hope Asch learns that while everyone is here, that way if we do go back home he'll hopefully rule in a more merciful and logical way. Though that's asking a lot... The Daemos I hope for is but a pipe dream, unfortunately.

Asch... Gods damn it out of all the people why him? Not that it matters, he hates me. I hate him. That's the way it's always been and it's not going to change.

Although I thought that, before we came here, everyone would do what we always do. Kill everything before it had a chance to fight back. Yet everyone has been so, docile.

So if a personality can change, maybe hate can change too? Ugh, why should I care! Stop it! I don't like him! I'll never like him!

Wait, is this the fight Mrs Oates was talking about? Hold up, my brain and heart have separate voices in my head?! Woooahh... That's neat.

"Hell yeah we do and I say, we like Asch!"

"Shut the heck up no we don't!"

"Both of you quit it. I don't care right now I just want to help Ava."

I hear Ava coughing and I see her start to stir, "y/n?" I hear her ask quietly, turning my attention away from the voices in my head and towards Ava, I smile sweetly at her.

"Hey, you're awake," I say softly, she attempts to sit up, but can't support her weight properly. So I put my right hand behind her back and gently help her to sit up.

"Thanks, where are the others?" She asks, her voice quiet and hoarse as she looks half-heartedly around the room.

"Mrs Oates sent them to get stuff from some potion called soup. I would have gone too, but she asked me to stay here with you." I explain, my sight never leaving hers.

"Right, wait. Did you say, Mrs Oates?" She asks, confusion making its way onto her face.

"Yeah, I tried to find some sort of medicine in your home but couldn't find anything of use. I only study a bit of information on human sickness during school and that was years ago, on top of that Daemos don't use medicine so none of the guys knew what I was talking about. So I asked Mrs Oates for help." I explain to Ava, but she doesn't seem to be listening. Her sickness seems to have made her even more air-headed.

"So you've been taking care of me?" She asks still seeming uncertain by my behaviour. I nod and smile softly at her.

"Yeah, Mrs Oates and I even changed your clothes so you'd be more comfortable. I hope you don't mind." My voice is still soft in an attempt to assuage Ava's nerves. Nodding, she goes to lay back down...

Until the boys come running into the room. Well, all except Rhys. He must still be with Mrs Oates.

"Ava!" Noi yells and goes over to hug her, but I push him back and glare at him. "Noi, keep your voice down and don't be so harsh with your movements. She may be awake, but she's still sick. You need to be gentle." I say scolding him. He nods and scratches the back of his neck awkwardly, that boy honestly.

Once again, I don't fail to miss Leif's jealously. Wait... Now that I think more about it Asch has shown those signs toward- No.

"I'm not made of glass y/n, it's fine." Ava laughs slightly, well attempts too, it turns into a coughing fit. Once she gains her normal breath back she looks over at everyone.

"Thank you all for taking care of me." She says weakly, I smile at her and Asch decides to make a stupid comment, "Don't flatter yourself human. You know why we need you, don't think of it as anything-" He goes to say more stupid stuff, but Ava's coughing cuts him off and he seems to become... Worried? "Are you alright?!"

The room goes silent.

Those words come out of Asch's mouth has never been heard of before. Does he care about something other than himself? What is Earth doing to everyone?!

I raise an eyebrow at Asch's abrupt caring attitude and his facial expression turns from one of caring to one of nervousness, he turns away from me, a light dust of pink on his face as he coughs awkwardly, "W-what? I just need her to not die yet." He says with uncertainty.

What... What just happened?

"I'm fine. I just... Need rest." Ava says as she closes her eyes and leans back onto the pillow. The guys immediately think she's dead and start yelling.

"ALL OF YOU SHUT UP!" I whisper in a harsh and kinda loud tone seeming it's whispering. It catches their attention, so I move off of the bed and stand in front of them all, "She's not dead she's asleep as she needs rest! Yelling will make it worse so everyone, GET THE HECK OUT! She's not dead I swear!"