Monty

Friday 7:34 am

Matthew: wtw tn?

Monty: My mom's home and I'm paying for this telly down in laguna this weekend. Ask Maggie.

Matthew: you ask her she's ur girl.

Monty: 🧢🧢 ur the one who needs plans.

Monty: I'm about to have the whole school and South's whole student section on my dick. Idk abt u. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Matthew: oh fuck off Jameson. I expect a win.

I set my phone down before taking another hit of the blunt in my hand. "Monty," I hear my mom's voice call from the hallway. "I'm changing. Give me a second." I yell back. "Fuck," I mumble under my breath finishing off the blunt. "Yeah, what's up?" I ask opening the door to my mom. "Why is almost $800 missing from your bank account?" She interrogates as she holds her phone up to my face. "Homecoming, mom. Maggie and I are going to Laguna." I lie hoping that she doesn't raise any more questions. "Oh, okay that's fine. Is she coming over tonight for dinner before the game? With the rest of the team of course. Like she used to." She implies as I look down at the floor. "Uh, I don't know. I'll let you know I'm gonna be late." I say as I close my door lighting another blunt. Fuck.

I manage to take a shower after smoking two blunts and having a lengthy conversation with my mother. Everything is going to plan. Until Emma decides she wants to wait for me on my bed. "What the fuck? Get out." I shout walking out of the bathroom with only a towel covering my waist. "Ew, why don't you just get dressed like a normal person." She squeals as she throws my clothes at me. "Why don't you wait in the living room like you do every day." I reply slamming the bathroom door behind me as I take my clothes in there. And to make matters worse I feel my phone vibrate in my hand only to get a text from Maggie.

Margot: why did ur mom text me saying she's excited to see me @ team dinner tn?

Monty: Was gonna tell u at school, but ur coming.

Margot: me and Ivy are going to Laguna after the game, skipping hoco.

Monty: I'm going down there tomorrow after the dance. Y'all can just stay with me. Cause ur coming tn.

Margot: Fuck you.

Monty: I know you want to baby, maybe tomorrow night I got a game tn.

Before I manage to put my clothes on my phone starts ringing. And the screen lights up with Maggie's face. "I will not be fucking you, at all." She exclaims into the phone. "Is that all you called me for." I laugh putting my phone on speaker and pulling my jersey over my head. "Well, I also need a jersey?" Her voice is filled with weakness as the words fall out of her mouth. "I'm wearing mine. Try footlocker. They have some." I mock pulling my uniform dress pants on my waist. "I'm serious Monty," She says and the call goes quiet. For a second I think she's hung up on me. "I can ask Matty if it's that big of a deal." She eventually explains. "No, it's fine I... Never mind. I'll bring it. See you at school." I say before hanging up the call.

Friday 8:30 am

"Jameson you're late." Fuck. "Sorry coach. Only 30 minutes, though." I plea hoping he won't give me another tardy. One more tardy for me means a good old fashioned 3-hour detention. And I haven't had one of those since freshman year. I don't plan on getting another one. Instead of going straight to my English class I decided to stop by Maggie's first hour to give her the jersey.

Monty: I'm outside your class.

Margot: okay. Coming.

I lean on the wall waiting for her to come out. I mean I've already missed half my class what's the point of missing 5 more minutes. I finally hear the door open and turn to see Maggie. "Here." I whisper handing her the jersey. I start to walk away before I feel her hand on my wrist. "Thank you." She mumbles as her eyes drift up from my torso to my eyes. From there they move down to my lips. And God I wish I could kiss her right here. She has no makeup on. She looks so good without makeup. And she's wearing her uniformed skirt today. God her body looks so good. She looks so good. But no, stop. "I'll see you tonight." I imply as I turn my body away from her again.

As I try to walk away I feel her hand grab on tighter to my wrist. "Monty, talk to me." She whines as she moves her body closer to mine. "Come on Mags, I'm late." I say signaling down to the books in my hands. "Exactly so there's no need to rush." She says as her eyes drop back down to my lips. "Maggie, come on. I'll see you later." Next thing I know her lips crash onto mine. And instead of pushing her off of me as I know I should. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me. It's not until we hear a door open that we push off of each other. "Aren't y'all supposed to be in class or something?" Matt says as he makes his way over to us. Matt and I do our handshake before he pulls Maggie into a side hug. "So, Maggie, party at your place tonight?" He asks winking at me and then looking down at her. "Um, after the game, sure. My dad's out of town again." She says pulling the jersey closer to her. "Why didn't you tell me?" I look at her with slight confusion displaying on my face. "You didn't ask," She replies looking back at me. "Yeah, I'll see you guys later I have to pee." Matt says uncomfortably shifting out of our conversation and into the bathroom.

Fuck, I still have to go to class. "Hey, I'll see you tonight for real babe I have to go." I whine as I slowly back up. "Okay, I love you." She mumbles before turning back towards the door. "What?" I question as she walks into the door. And instead of opening it up and following her in. I turn and walk towards my class. When I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket I'm quick to pull it out.

Margot: I said I love you.