Monty

Wednesday 9:46 am

I'm not going to school today. Late start or not. No. Just no. Definitely fucking not. I was pretty much told last night that my girlfriend didn't want me around her. So why bother going to school, practice, or the soccer game later. A waste of time if you ask me. Instead, I'm going to take my fake ID and drive my ass to the closest liquor store. But I have to take Emma to school first. Fuck.

"Can't you like to stay over someone else's house tonight?" I beg as I turn the key in my car, allowing it to start. "No, come on Monty it's one party." She whimpers as she throws her book bag into the back seat. "Where's your stuff?" She adds dragging her eyes down my clothes. "Spirit week, remember." She explains showing her Hawaiian themed outfit for today. "Not going, now get in I have things to do. Faster you get to school, more time I have to think about you coming tonight." I agree. As soon as the words fall out of my mouth she's in the car with her seatbelt on ready to go.

As we pull up to the school I see Maggie walking through the parking lot talking to Matthew. "Keep an eye on her aye?" I ask keeping my eyes planted on my best friend and girlfriend. I guess she's my girlfriend. I don't know. All I know is she unfollowed me on Instagram. And she won't even mention last night. "Yeah sure. Or you could come to school and talk to her." She mocks. "And you could stay at a friend's house tonight." I add parking in my usual spot. I keep the car running as I wait for my sister to get out. Instead of doing so she sits and turns towards me. Staring at me until I'm forced to turn towards her. "Party?" She cries as she makes a pathetic puppy dog face. Even though it's terrible I fall for it. Shocking. "Fine, but Mom doesn't find out tomorrow." I say sternly as I put my fist up in front of her. She hits her fist on mine before saying "Deal." and diving out of the car. God, she's annoying.

I turn back around when I hear a tap at my window. "Roll it down, hello!" Ivy insists as she throws her arms on her hips. "What?" I say turning my car off and get out of it instead of just rolling down the window. "Maggie is sorry." I laugh. "You're kidding right?" I say continuing my laughter before scanning her expression and realizing she's serious. "Oh, she told you to tell me?" I question closing the door to my car behind me. "Yeah, duh." She adds waving her hand in front of my face. "Tell her to text me. I gotta go get stuff. Party my place 9." I say turning my body back away from her and reaching for my door. I hop inside my car but before I can close the door Ivy stops it with her hand. "Just apologize to her." I'm shocked by those words. "What?" I question, confusion lining my words. "She told me that I wasn't welcomed. She unfollowed me. She hasn't spoken to me. So why am I apologizing?" I question, but I don't wait for a response. Instead, I pull my door shut and back out of my spot.

Wednesday 12:23 pm

"Hey," I say to one of my old friends while dapping him up. It's Kevin, the best wide receiver, I've had the honor of playing with. He's in college now. UCLA to be exact. 20 years old. Light skin, blue eyes, can pull any girl. He and Maggie actually went out her freshman year his senior year. Why am I thinking of her? "You 21 yet?" He jokes looking down at everything I put up in front of his register. "Shut it." I laugh pulling my fake ID out of my wallet and handing it to him. I only do so because his manager is standing behind the register. "Ah, Mr. Cameron Richards. Nice to see you again." He says examining the piece of plastic. "Party?" He asks lowering his voice as he hands me back the card. "You know it, pop out, my place 9." I say as I exchange the bags he's handing me for the hundred I'm paying with. "Keep the change and bring a bottle?" I mumble looking down making sure everything is in the bag. "Nice seeing you again Cam," He laughs shoving the extra $30 in his pocket. I exit the store making my way back to my car when my phone vibrates.

Margot: Party tn?

Monty: u said I wasn't welcome so take ur advice tonight.

Margot: Asshole.

Monty: 🧢🧢 u started it

I shove my phone back in my pocket as I open my trunk. I love my car because there's a compartment in my trunk that I can use to hide whatever I want. And that's exactly what I do. I put all the bottles in the compartment and then walk to through the bag away. As I get in my car and start it I get another text. This time from Matty.

Matthew: u and mags okay she's crying

Monty: over what? Goddamn

Matthew: said ur mad at her? that true

Monty: she said I was unwelcome so I told her the same thing.

Matthew: she's ur girl man come on

Monty: 🧢🧢 not if she thinks she can lay on top of u she ain't

Matthew: ur a dick bro.

Fuck him. Fuck her. You know what, fuck all of them. Before I head home I stop at another gas station to buy a couple of packs of rellos. And by a couple, I mean 15-20 packs. Who's it hurting? No one.

Wednesday 6:00 pm

Arlin: Soccer game bro, let's go.

Arlin: It's neon themed, let's go!!

Monty: nah, setting up for the party tn...

Arlin: I'll let it slide. Only this once though.

I'm not even doing anything right now. I just don't need Matty, Maggie, Ivy and whoever else she recruited to be breathing down my neck. It's none of anyone's business what our relationship status is. Period. All I said was if I'm not welcome, why should she be welcome. I just don't get her. One minute she's shoving her tongue down my throat. The next she's calling me annoying and telling me to leave because no one likes me. What the fuck. Am I stupid? Am I fucking dumb? Did I miss something? Like I don't know maybe the part where she started hating me again. What did I do? All I did was tell the girl I loved her. And she went and did a fucking 360°. Just what the fuck.