[one]

Hermione sat on the outdoor love seat comfortably, so engrossed in the book she was reading. It was a perfectly calm day, with the orange sun setting and the afternoon breeze blowing lightly against her face. It had been a while since she caught some peace and quiet since everything they had been doing the past months were to fix the things that the war destroyed.

"Hermione! An owl just came in!" her mother called, interrupting her mid-way through a page

After the war, she enlisted the help of her two best friends to accompany her into returning her parents' memories. However, when they found them happily living their lives as Mr. and Mrs. Wilkins, her mind almost changed. It was a very painful sight to see them enjoying despite not knowing they had a daughter, but she wanted to keep the smiles on their faces. Hermione knew that after finding out about the war and what she did, she will break their hearts. She almost didn't want to give their memories back, but after Harry's convincing, Hermione finally gained the courage to reverse the charm she cast on them.

"An owl?" She muttered, who would send her an owl? She had just sent back Harry and Ron's letters. They couldn't have possibly sent another reply back so quickly, could they? She closed her book and walked in the house, still wondering who this owl could be from.

That was until she saw the envelope with the Hogwarts crest.

"Hogwarts." she breathed

Hogwarts was - is her home. That was where everything started. There she met the people she now calls family. Although a lot of heartbreak occurred there, like the war and several deaths of her loved ones, it still held a place in her heart. With Hermione's heart beating with so much joy, she excitedly grabbed the envelope and read the letter

"Dear Ms. Granger,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been invited to come back for your seventh year (now called eighth). Enclosed here is the list of supplies that you will be needing.

We are also pleased to inform you that you have been chosen to be Head Girl this year. Congratulations.  We are expecting great things from you. You will find attached your Head Girl badge. Please be on the Hogwarts Express on September 1st.

Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall, Headmistress"

"Mum! Dad!" she called out with the biggest smile on her face

Her parents came running down the stairs, worried as to why their daughter was shouting. Since she put them up to date with the current events in the Wizarding World, they've been so intent on keeping her safe. According to them, they were her parents and it was their job to keep her safe, but the opposite happened.

"Hermione! Don't scream like that! We thought something had happened to you." Her mother scolded with worried eyes

"Sorry mum," she grinned sheepishly  "but look!" Hermione handed them the letter

"Oh honey we are so proud of you!" Her mother, Jean Granger, squealed and threw her arms around her daughter lovingly. Achievements were a normal occurrence in the household, but Hermione's mother will never get used to the surge of joy and pride that she experiences everytime her daughter informs her of one.

"Honestly, sweetheart, I expected it." Dan Granger smiled, saying the exact words that were in Jean's mind. His face was filled with pride, as he lovingly enclosed the two women he loved most in his arms

"We have to come and buy your supplies! Your clothes, robes, everything!" Jean said excitingly as they all pulled away

"Mum, it's alright. Harry and Ron will most probably meet me in Diagon Alley. You have work to do, so don't bother." Hermione shook her head

"Are you sure, love?" Dan asked "You'll be alright?"

"Positive." Hermione grinned

"Well, you best be off to bed. You'll be doing a whole lot of shopping tomorrow." Jean said as she ushered Hermione to the direction of the stairs "Our vault is till good, right?"

"Yes mum," Hermione smiled and hugged both her parents "goodnight, and I love you both."

"We love you too darling." Her father said, lovingly

She ran up to her room and quickly wrote a letter to Ron and Harry, who were currently in the Burrow together, about them going to Diagon Alley tomorrow morning.

As Hermione prepared for bed, there was only one question running in her mind;

Who was chosen to be Head Boy?