He get's drafted [Niall and Harry. Part 1]

[I've decided to write this because, every person in my family and my boyfriend was/ or still in the armed forces. So since I have a first hand experience of somebody getting drafted, I've decide to write this. I hope you like it] 

Greetings: Niall Horan

You are hereby ordered to report for induction into the ARMED FORCES of the UNITED STATES, and to report at FORT LEE on JULY/06/2014 at 12:45 for forwarding to an ARMED FORCES INDUCTION STATION.

IF YOU HAVE HAD PREVIOUS MILITARY SERVICE, OR ARE NOW A MEMBER OF THE NATIONAL GUARD OR A RESERVE COMPONENT OF THE ARMED FORCES, BRING EVIDENCE WITH YOU. IF YOU WEAR GLASSES, BRING THEM. IF MARRIED, BRING PROOF OF YOUR MARRIAGE. IF YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL OR MENTAL CONDITION WHICH, IN YOUR OPINION, MAY DISQAULIFY YOU FOR SERVICE IN THE ARMED FORCES, BRING A PHYSICIAN’S CERTIFICATE DESCRIBING THAT CONDITION, IF NO ALREADY FURNISHED TO YOUR LOCAL BOARD. 

Valid documents are required to substantiate dependency claims in order to receive basic allowance for quarters. Be sure take the following with you when reporting to the induction station. The Documents will be returned to you. (a) FOR LAWFUL WIFE OR LEGITIMATE CHILD UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE – Original, certified copy or photocopied certified copy of marriage certificate, child’s birth certificate, or a public or church record of marriage issued over the signature and seal of the custodian of the church or public records; (b) FOR LEGALLY ADOPTED CHILD – certified court order of adoption; (c) FOR CHILD OF DIVORCED SERVICE MEMBER (child in the custody of person other than claimant) – (1) Certified or photocopies of receipts from custodian of child evidencing serviceman’s contributions for support, and (2) Divorce decree, court support order or separation order; (d) FOR DEPENDENT PARENT – affidavits establishing that dependency. 

Bring your Social Security Card. If you have life insurance, bring a record of the insurance company’s address and your policy number. Bring enough clean clothes for 3 days. Bring enough money to last 1 month for personal purchases. 

This Local Board will furnish transportation, and meals and lodging when necessary, from the place of reporting to The induction station where you will be examined. If found qualified, you will be inducted into the Armed Forces. If found not qualified, return transportation and meals and lodging when necessary, will be furnished to the place for reporting. 

You may be found not qualified for induction. Keep this in mind in arranging your affairs, to prevent any undue hard ship if you are not inducted. If employed, inform your employer of this possibility. Your employer can then be prepared to continue your employment if you are not inducted. To protect your right to return to your job if you are not inducted, you must report for work as soon as possible after the completion of your induction examination. You may jeopardize your reemployment rights if you do not report for work at the beginning of your next regularly scheduled working period after you have returned to your place of employment. 

Willful failure to report at the place and hour of the day named in this Order subjects the violator to fine and imprisonment. Bring this Order with you when you report. 

If you are so far from your own local board that reporting in compliance with this Order will be a serious hardship, go immediately to any local board and make written request for transfer of your delivery for induction, taking this Order with you.

You grip the paper tightly in both hands, re-reading over the damning words with watery eyes. “Are you serious?” You finally ask, lifting your eyes to meet sad blue ones. He nods slowly, reaching up a hand to wipe at your tears spilling. “B-but. Why?” You whimper

“You can’t”

He chuckles quietly “I think it’s slightly illegal to abandon the war” You let the paper flutter to the ground, wrapping your arms around his neck, 7 month belly pressing into his stomach gently. “It’s not long. Only a year” He says and you scoff “Only a year. Our baby will be 10 months by the time you get back. You can’t go” Your face presses into his chest, soaking his blue shirt with tears.