4. I Should Have Known Better

Buckle your seatbelts y'all this is kinda long ;)

'We'll get out of your hair then.' I state pointedly.

'It's not like that. I'll wait for Eric I guess.' He shrugs.

I quickly peck him on the lips, and head out.

I place Louisa in her pram and she watches curiously as I strap her in. I boop her nose playfully and she giggles. She has great dimples either side of her mouth when she smiles, just like her father.

Opening the doors and pushing her outside, George watches us from the doorway, waving us goodbye.

When I get outside the gates, I see a large black car with tinted windows parked on the curb. When he emerges with a wide smile, I wave back at Richard.

He bounds up to us, making Lou laugh, and sweeps me into a massive bear hug, spinning me round.

'It's been so long!'

'I know! I've been so busy.' I report.

He takes a small step back to look at my daughter.

'And here's the one keeping Mummy so busy, eh?' Ringo kneels down and squeezes Lou's cheeks gently, making her laugh and squirm.

'Hey, you two get in, and I'll put this away.'

I unstrap Louisa and balance her on my hip, walking to the car.

'Hey kids! Where's your sister?'

'At mom's.' Zak replies.

'Ready for a great day out?' I ask eagerly.

'Always, auntie (Y/N).'

..............................................................................................................................

Louisa starts to become restless and starts to whine, thrashing around in her car seat. Jason (situated next to me,) reaches across me and hold her hand, trying to shoosh her. She immediately calms down, grabbing his finger and looking at him in awe, with her dummy in her mouth.

'Eh, you're a natural.' I compliment.

'I got used to it with Lee, and with Zak because he's a cry baby too.'

'Oi, shut up you!' Zak yells from the front, making me laugh.

..............................................................................................................................

We park and all emerge from the car. We begin to walk towards the nearest bench. Zak and his brother run ahead, tagging each other as they go.

'Ahhh.' Ringo exhales. 'So how are things? I hear George is working on a new album.'

'Yeah, he says he is. He hasn't really talked much about it. He's writing more and more, when he's not helping with the baby that is.'

'Mmmm.' He mumbles understandingly.

'And yourself?' I ask politely.

'Yeah, just helping people in the studio like.'

'You enjoy that, right?'

'Yeah, I do.'

With that, Jason comes running up to us.

'Auntie (Y/N), can I hold Louisa now?'

I look into her pram and see she's awake, so I happily agree.

'Sure! Take a seat!'

I stand from the bench we're sat at, and unstrap her, whilst Jason takes the seat next to his father.'