1. Beautiful Girl

'She's beautiful (Y/N).'

'I know. She takes after me.' I playfully boast, making George chuckle. We gaze down at our little bundle of joy laying snugly in my arms.

'I'll go and tell the others.' The nurse informs us, as she exits the room.

After a minute of happily gazing over our new daughter, the door opens, and in steps Paul, Megan, Ringo and Barbara. As soon as they enter, they gasp, and fall silent. They move towards the bed to get a closer look at her.

'Oh my...my little sister...a mother.' Paul comments in disbelief, as he sits down next to my bed, never taking his doe eyes off her.

'Congratulations.' Richard smiles, followed by a nod and a smile from his wife.

'And what do we call you then eh?' Megan asks, stroking the baby's head gently.

George and I quickly glance at each other with a smile, before we turn to our friends.

'We'd like to introduce Louisa Marie Harrison.' My husband beams with pride.

'Named after our mothers.'

This brings a tear to Paul's eye, as he remembers our mother who died over twenty years ago. I reach for his hand and squeeze it. He chuckles and wipes his eyes.

'You're so brave, it's amazing.' Barbara tells me.

'It was worth it.'

A moment of content silence passes, before Megan remembers something.

'Oh! We bought you these.'

She holds up two all-in-ones for Louisa. One reads: 'The Baby Beatle.'

I laugh and take them off her. I show George and he laughs as well.

'Thank you! They're amazing.'

I fold them up neatly and place them on the chair next to me.

'Give us a hold then.' Paul insists, putting the flowers he bought on the bed ready to hold his niece.

I carefully hand her over to him, Louisa making a small whine before quieting down again in her uncle's arms.

'Oh my god..' Paul chuckles gazing down at her. 'She's so small! She must have got her height from her mother.'

Paul mumbles the last part, just loud enough for me to hear. George snorts behind me.

'I would hit you, but you're holding my daughter, and I don't want her first impression of her uncle to be one with blood down his face.' I snap back with a laugh.

Everybody laughs and then quietens down so Louisa doesn't wake.

'I think it's my turn now, love.' Megan insists.

Paul hands her to his girlfriend, who then hands it to Richard, and then to his wife.

'Thank you all for coming.' I smile, grabbing George's hand. He rubs my hand with his thumb, something I've always found comfort in.

'Of course, I wouldn't miss this for the world.' Richard comments.

'Everyone wishes you well, (Y/N). Even John.' Barbara tells me with a coy smile.

'Thanks. I'll ring them when I get out.'

'How does it feel to be a daddy then, George?' Richard asks.

'Well you would know.' Geo quips.

'Well...yes.'

'It's the best feeling ever.'

'Don't speak too soon.' Richard jokingly warns.

Louisa starts to worm around in Barbara's arms, so George immediately stands and takes her. Sitting back down, he shushes her and rocks her. Everyone watches him, amazed at how natural being a father seems to be to him.

A knock on the door drags us all out of our thoughts.

'Good evening, there's someone to see you outside, but I need to ask someone to leave so it doesn't get too crowded.'

Richard and his wife stand up, knowing that they should be the ones to leave.

'Of course, we'll get off now. Congratulations again mummy and daddy. We can send some things over in a few weeks, some of our lot's old stuff.'

'Thank you, that would be great!' I respond.

After saying our goodbyes, they leave and the next visitor enters.

'Heya, Eric!' George greets.

'Hi mate! So this is the new addition eh?'

'No, I've been married to (Y/N) for years now, Eric.' George quips, making us all laugh.

'Meet Louisa Marie.' I declare proudly.

Eric 'awws' before sitting down next to George. Louisa is passed over to him, and she opens her eyes before closing them again.

'So where's your girlfriend? Pattie, is it?' I ask.

'Yeah, she said she had a headache. She congratulates you though.' Eric informs us. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice George shift slightly and look down awkwardly.

I focus on Louisa and how quiet she is. A few years into Beatlemania, George was given a shirt with 'the quiet Beatle' written on it. How perfect she would look in that, and how apt it would be.

'How are you feeling, then?'

'Oh, I'm not too bad. It's him you should be worried about.' I respond, nodding towards George.

'I'm sorry, I couldn't help it.' George whispers, embarrassment showing on his face.

'Why? What did he do?'

George tries to stop me from continuing, but I proceed anyway.

'He saw everything like the blood and stuff, and passed out.' I laugh, revelling in his embarrassment.

Everyone in the room laughs.

'Ah, you big softie.' Eric jokes, ruffling his hair.

..............................................................................................................................................................

Don't forget to comment and vote!