2. Soft Touch

When we arrive home, with me carrying Louisa in her travel cot and George carrying my bags, we emerge into the large lobby as you step through the front doors.

Glad to be home, and breathing out a long exhale, I welcome my daughter to her home.

'Louisa, welcome to FriarPark.'

George places the bags down by the door so he can help us upstairs to the nursery.

As Geo opens the door to Louisa's room, we're greeted by a vast outpouring of sunlight from the large bay window.

'Might need to close those if you want her to sleep, Geo.'

'All she's done so far is sleep.' George laughs.

'Well you'll be thankful of it in a few months.'

I place her into her crib, which would be considered luxurious compared to how some other children sleep. So far, Lou's been no trouble whatsoever, but maybe that means she'll be more of a handful in a few months...

Whilst we're in here, I study the surroundings. George took a lot of time, effort and money to make sure that his daughter's room was perfect for her to come home to.

The main colour scheme is made up of yellow, pink and hints of white. The wallpaper is yellow with pink lotuses faintly outlined (a little touch to 'remind her of me' as George put it, one of his favourite flowers being a lotus, after water lilies.) The dressers and drawers are white, with yellow handles. The carpet is white also, making the room look even brighter and bigger. On the ceiling are painting of more lotuses, the light pink adding a softer touch to the room.

As she grows, we'll add more and more toys and furniture, as we learn what she likes and dislikes. We also have a few things kindly given to us by Ringo, whose daughter had outgrown some toys and furniture.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

Exhausted from the events of the last few days, I excuse myself from George's hold on the sofa to go and lie down.

I throw myself down onto our bed, grateful of the comfort that lacked at the hospital.

As I start to drift off, in the distance, I hear the phone ring, and then end abruptly, indicating that George answered it. Knowing there's nothing to worry about, I let myself float into sleep.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

'Who was that on the phone?' I ask Geo, as I take a set on one of the barstools.

'Oh, just some well-wishers, you know.' He responds, quietly.

I watch my husband as he cooks up some lunch for us. His eyebrows are knitted, as if deep in thought.

'What's wrong?' I inquire, genuinely wanting to know what's on his mind.

'Oh, nothing. Just tired.' He shrugs.

'Same.'

'Lou's still asleep?'

'Yeah.' I confirm.

'She's awfully quiet, like her dad, eh?'

'I think one things for sure- you are not quiet.'

'Depends what I'm doing.' Geo jokes, contorting his eyebrows.

He dishes up, and sits next to me, often turning to me and smiling, before returning his gaze to his food.

Before long, we can hear the distant wailing of a baby- our baby. I go to stand up, before my husband tells me to sit down, and that he'll go.

I watch my husband leave, wiping his mouth as he does so.

Gazing out into the garden, I'm distracted by the faint sound of footsteps coming to the door. I turn round to see George with Louisa in his arms.

'Who's this then, eh? Is it mummy?' He whispers to her, as she's handed to me.

'Hello, baby. Did you have a nice sleep?' I whisper.

We both sit back down, me bouncing Lou on my knee, trying to calm her down. I feed her and George watches in awe.

'If I went to the studio for a bit, do you think you girls can cope?'

'I think so. Let me know how you do.'

'Will do.'

He strokes Louisa's cheek, making her gurgle and smile before departing for the studio.

George has been working on this album for quite a while now, but then again, he has had a lot to deal with. He's getting back into the swing of things now though.

Looking back down at Louisa who has once again started to drift off to sleep, I get excited for the future, and the sure success of the album.

Forgiving Friar ParkрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ