THE END (must read)

First things first, I want to thank everyone that has read this to the end and those that continued reading after the book was marked 'Complete' to see what the Bonus Chapters entailed. Every vote, comment, follow, share, and adding to a reading list means a lot.

Second, I wanted to talk a little bit about why I wrote this and what the inspiration for it was.

So, we've all had our own fights with depression and sadness, whether it's just feelings we feel throughout the week, or is actually diagnosed.

People with depression, as explained in the end of my book called "Audrey's Secret", tend to feel alone even if they're surrounded by people and usually, or always, feel like there's a heavy weight weighing down their shoulders.

This is what Alex felt.

Even having a boyfriend, with their relationship being good in the beginning, she didn't feel like she mattered. This sadness eventually would spiral out of control, especially after Declan lost his brother.

This brings me into my next topic.

Abuse. It's not an easy subject to talk about. People that go through it often try to play it off in fear of their boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, etc. getting back at them or hurting them. This can be both physical and mental abuse.

Many tend to forget that you can still be abused through words rather than actual physical contact.

Alex got the short end of the stick and had to endure both. Because of Declan's actions and her already having low self esteem, she believed everything he said.

It is never okay to abuse anyone. You may be dealing with your own problems, but that's why there's treatments to help you. Declan was going through a rough time and thought he couldn't talk to his family or girlfriend so he resorted to cheating, alcohol and drug abuse. Though, these also can lead to our third topic.

Suicide.

There are many factors that could potentially lead up to this. Parents divorcing, constantly being stressed and sad about life, plus other things. Depression is the main cause leading to suicide, which claims more lives than wars, murder, and natural disasters combined all across the globe.

Please, if you suffer from any of these, call one of the contacts listed below that applies to you.

Don't wait to get help.

• NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION HOTLINE:
1-800-273-8255

• NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE: (for victims and survivors)
1-800-799-7233

• HELP HOTLINE: (help for all mental illnesses and problems; private and confidential)
844-549-4266

Every single one of you is beautiful and perfect in your own way, no matter what anyone says.

You are smart.
You are worth it.

Your life means so much to people, even when it doesn't seem like it.

You've got to keep hope.
You've got to keep going and trying for a better future.
If you're depressed, talk to someone. I know it'll be hard but I believe in you.
If you're suffering from abuse, I know you're scared but everything will be better and you'll have a better life if you get help. They won't be able to hurt you anymore.

I wrote this story to get all these messages across.

Mainly the message of HOPE.

It's ok to have hope.
Everyone needs it.
Hope shows in more than one way whether that be a sign, a book like this, or a person in your life.

Oliver was Alex's hope.
She held on.
Which is the kind of advice a lot of people need.

That's my advice to you.

Just hold on.
Have hope.
Get help.

Life is worth living, even if it means going through war to get there.

Stay strong.

Until our next adventure

❤️