[21] News Report

news reporter | Declan's mom

*

"It's a tragic Monday morning for the family of a twenty three year old man that committed suicide Sunday night. Declan James Cooke was a hard working, lovable guy who enjoyed going on hikes with his older brother, Erin Cooke, that died only five months prior due to military circumstances.

"Every time they were together, it's like...there was nothing wrong with the world."

"His mother, Elena Cooke, states in an interview with Fox 43 News."

"Declan went through a lot. He lost two very important family members within a year. That paired with other struggles he's had to endure was too much to handle in the end...but I can only hope that he's in a better place now."

"Depression claims thousands of lives every year. Most cases the people close to the victims never knew how sad they really were."

"If you have suicidal thoughts or tendencies, please talk to someone. A family member, friend, or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Your life is worth so much, so don't end it."

*

^^^^^
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
1-800-273-8255

Talk to someone.

You are so important.

You're loved and cherished.

You're what keeps this world running.

I love you all.

❤️