Chapter 25

"It's obviously a trap. We aren't really going there aren't we?" Lauren asked.

"Even if it is a trap, I'm still going. Anyone who wants to come is more then welcome" I said slowly walking out of the room.

Gabriella grabbed my arm. She turned me around to face her.

"You're smarter than this. I'm not letting you go. They'll kill you" Gabriella said.

"You're not my fucking mother! You don't tell me what to do! I'm going! You can't stop me! I want them gone. They have bullied us for too long. It's finally time to be free of all of these bullshit wars. Once we're done with them, we can go back to our lives" I yelled while wriggling my arm to get out of Gabriella's grip and walking out.

I walked alone across the oval. I went straight to the stable. I opened the stable gate and I walked in. I saw a horse with a saddle on it already. I grabbed the horse and led it out of the stable. I tied the horse up close to the front gate. I walked to the armoury where I put my bag and weapons. I grabbed them and quickly put my bag on my back. I walked back to the horse and untied it.

"What you are doing is stupid and dumb. You're going to get yourself killed. But, I'm not letting you go alone. I'm coming with you" Lauren said behind me.

I turned around and I saw her standing behind me. She was already to go. She smiled at me.

"Ok. Come on then" I said walking the horse out through the front gate.

I jumped up onto the horses back and Lauren jumped up as well. She put her hands around my waist as I started to ride towards the place I was caught with Prince and Joseph.

"What if it is a trap? What do we do then? The two of us won't be able to take them all" Lauren said trying to get me to change my mind.

"We'll just be cautious. Check the area, see what's up. If we see something, we leave" I said.

"I don't like this. But I can't let you go alone. So let's just play this safely, ok" Lauren said.

I nodded and focused on riding. It's not a very long ride. Only about ten minutes. It's getting harder and harder to see the road. Grass and plants are slowly covering them making it almost impossible to see the cement underneath. Soon we are going to have to do something about that. Maybe make a pathway or dig out the overgrown vegetation.

I could see the building we were kept in. I started to ride a bit slower as Lauren held onto me tighter.

"We are here" I said looking around us for any sign of someone being close by.

As we got up to the building I could see five bodies strapped upside down onto a rusted metal light pole that was bent over the road like an arch.

I slowed down even more to get up to the dangling bodies. Most of them were missing arms or legs. They looked like they were blown up. Maybe by the Tower. Are they our people.

"Samantha keep your eyes out" Lauren said.

"I am. Let's check those bodies. They could be ours" I said.

I rode closer to the dangling bodies. Once we got closer I got start to see their faces. They looked familiar. I looked at four of them. I remember them. They were all from Port Adelaide. It's hard to tell who they were due to their faces being so distorted.