Chapter 16

McQueen and Chloe were now in California. They were sitting in the trailer and McQueen was thinking. Chloe started hugging him.

"You got this, Daddy." She said, "I know you'll win."

He kissed her head and hugged her back, "you're such a ray of sunshine, Chloe."

They got out of the trailer and walked to the pits.

"Mack thanks for being my pit crew today." He smiled.

"No problem. After all gas can is my middle name."

"It is?" He asked.

"Ehhh not really." He replied Putin ya headset on Chloe.

"Chloe's doing it too?" McQueen asked.

"Why not? She's seen you race of tv before." He replied.

Chloe smiled at McQueen, "you can do it, Lightning."

McQueen kissed her forehead and hopped in his race car. McQueen, Chick Hicks, and the King stopped at the starting line and waiting for the race to begin. The race began and they started racing. McQueen was focusing one racing until a shining light flashed in his eyes.

"KaChicka! KaChicka!" Chick Hicks chuckled racing closer to him.

"Hey McQueen where ya been? I've been kinda lonely. Who's the munchkin over there? She seems kinda young to be on the pits." He said.

McQueen then spun out of bounds and stopped. He groaned annoyingly.

"Hey kid, you alright?" Mack asked.

"I don't know Mack. I-I just..."

"I didn't come all this way just to see you quit."

"Doc?" McQueen asked, "I thought you said you'd never come back."

"I knew you needed a crew chief but I didn't know it was this bad. And Mater didn't get to say goodbye." He answered.

"GOODBYYYYYEEE!" Mater screamed, "okay I'm good."

McQueen laughed as he continued racing.

"Dad go beat Chick Hicks! Show him he's not worth that Piston cup!" Chloe said.

"Munchkin's right. Drive it in and hope it sticks. GO!" Doc said.

McQueen started racing around the track super fast. Chick Hicks caught up to him and glared at him.

"No you don't." He said and busted his tire.

"Doc I'm flat! I'm flat!"

"Can you get back to the pits?" He asked.

"Yeah I think so." McQueen answered.

"Hey we got a yellow. Breathe in. Don't tear yourself up kid."

Guido grabbed a drill and waited for McQueen. Chick Hicks crew laughed.

"Hey tiny what are you gonna do clean his windshield?" They laughed.

McQueen pulled up and Guido changed his tires in under 15 seconds. McQueen raced off and Chick Hicks crew's mustaches fell off.

Guido blew on the drill, "pit stop."

McQueen then beat the pace car and was back in the race. Chick Hicks was trying to get passed the King but he was not budging.

"I will not get behind you again old man!" He yelled and shoved his car.

The king then flew across the track and rolled over tons of times. He crashed in the field. McQueen was about to win the Piston cup and he looked at the big screen and saw the King. He then remembered Doc's crash. He then stopped dead in his spot.

He was less than a foot away from the finish line. Chick Hicks then crossed the finish line.

"WOOO YEAH I WON BABY YEAH!" He cheered.

"What's he up to, Doc?" Flo asked.

McQueen then drove to the king.

"What are you doing kid?" He asked McQueen.

"I think the king should finish this last race." He answered as he started pushing his car with his car to the finish line.

"You just gave up the Piston cup. You know that?" The king questioned.

"This grumpy old racer once told me something. It's just an empty cup." McQueen answered.

He then helped the king over the finish line and the whole crowd cheered. Chick Hicks stopped making donuts in the dirt.

"What? What's going on?" He asked.

McQueen helped the king out of his car and walked him to his wife. His wife kissed McQueen's cheek.

"Thanks Lightning." She smiled.

"You're welcome." He said and walked to his crew.

They all smiled.

"You made us proud kid." His sponsors said.

"Congrats on the loss mí bucko." Mack said.

Chloe ran to McQueen and he picked her up. Doc smiled at him.

"You gotta lot of stuff kid." He said.

McQueen smiled back at him.

"Hey Lightning." Tex said from behind him, "come over here and talk to me a minute."

McQueen walked to Tex with Chloe in his arms.

"You did amazing on that race track. How would like to be the new face of Dinoco?" He asked.

McQueen looked at the huge Dinoco set up and back at Tex.

"But I didn't win."

"Lighting there's a lot more to racing than winning." Tex said.

McQueen looked his crew and saw them laughing and enjoying each other's company.

"Well thanks Mr Tex. But these guys are the ones that gave me my big break. I think I'm gonna stick with them." McQueen said.

"Well I sure can respect that." Tex replied, "but still if there's anything you need just lemme know."

"I sure appreciate that thank you." McQueen said, "actually. There is one thing."

~time skip~

"Weeeee!" Mater said as he flew in a helicopter over Radiator Springs, "I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park!"

Sally was at wheel of well looking at the beautiful view. She then heard a roaring engine. She chuckled and turned around to see McQueen and Chloe walking up to her.

"Just passing through?" She asked.

"Actually I'd thought we'd stop and stay awhile." He answered as he picked up Chloe, "I've heard this place is back on the map."

"It is?" Sally asked.

"Yeah some guy in a blue helicopter is flying around." He smirked.

They leaned in closer and Chloe covered her eyes.

"McQueen and Sally sitting in a tree!! K-I-S-S Uh I-N-G!!" Yelled Mater from the helicopter.

"Great timing Mater!" McQueen chuckled.

"So Stickers last one to Flo's buys?" Sally smirked.

"How about we just take a drive?" He asked.

"Mmmmmm naaaa." She hopped in her car and drove away.

"Oh yeah." McQueen laughed, "let's go Chloe!"

They hopped in his race car and started racing after Sally.

"KACHOW!!!" Chloe cheered.