Chapter 3

Chloe's POV

McQueen and I walked out of the orphange and his race car was here!

"You drove your race car here?" I asked.

"It's better tha being fancy having someone drive me. Come on." He answered with a smile.

I hopped in the passenger seat and he turned on the car. The engine roared loudly. I covered my ears and laughed. McQueen laughed as well and drove off. The car was too loud to talk, so the ride was silent.

10 minutes later, we pulled up to a race track. We got out and his driver, Mack, ran up to us.

"Hey you're back!" He smiled, "and this must be the new member of the crew!"

He poked my nose and I giggled.

"What's your name, munchkin?" He asked.

"Chloe."

"How old are you?" He asked.

"9." I answered.

He smiled and petted my head, "You're so cute."

"Come on we gotta head to California." McQueen said.

We hopped in the track and I sat in the passenger seat next to the window. McQueen and Mack started talking and I just watched everything outside the window. I looked at how bueatiful the trees were, how blue the sky was, and the people that drove by.

"So Chloe what do you like to do for fun?" Lightning asked.

I looked down in my lap, "umm. . .I couldn't have fun at the orphanage."

Their expressions turned sad.

"What did you do?" They asked.

"All I ever did was chores amd stay in my room." I explained, "I wasn't allowed to do anhything else."

I turned back to the window with a sad frown. McQueen rubbed my back.

"You're gone from there now; you can all the fun you want." He said.

I turned to him and smiled. I leaned my head against his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me.

"So munchkin, how did you discover McQueen?" Mack asked.

"I was flipping through channels one day at the orphanage and I discovered the racing channel.There were so many racers; too many to count. Chick Hicks is a jerk, the king is old school, but you. . .you're different." I answered.

"How am I different?" McQueen asked.

"I don't know you just always smiled when you raced. Had fun on the race track here and there and also messed around with Chick Hicks." I answered, "that's when you became my favorite racer. You don't always win, but you always fun."

They seemed touched by my words.

"That was bueatiful, kid." Mack sniffled.

"I wasn't trying to sound emotional." I giggled.

"Mack is always emotional." McQueen smirked.

I smiled and looked at McQueen, "Lightning?"

"Yeah?" He asked.

". . .Can I call you dad?"

He smiled and hugged me, "Of course you can little thunder."

I liked that nickname, it was cool. I slowly fell asleep, leaning against my new dady.