To Meet or Not To Meet

My sister sprinted out of my bedroom and into kitchen frantically ranting about how much Harry had pissed her off moments ago. we had just gotten a phone call from my brother telling me that he was in trouble with some people and he needed money quick. I told him that i barely had enough money to support myself but then be began begging and telling me about how he let himself get involved with the wrong kind of guys; I just found it easier to give him the money and work it back later then hear about for the rest of my life.

"I don't see why he comes and asks you for money when he knows you can barely make it and he's the one with a full job and pay check!" Marie continued shouting into the refrigerator, aggressively moving the milk out of the way of her Vanilla Bean Frapachino.

" I don't know Marie, you know Harry," Thomas said while flipping through the channel on my TV.

The three of us had been lounging around my apartment al, not really quite sure what to do besides wait around of the Fouth of July Festival. I wasn't planning on going this year, only because I had alot of prepping for school and my job was killing me both metally and physically but when my mom called me and said she was dropping of Marie, I really didnt have a choice. Marie was always really close to me, while she was more distant with our older brother Harry; I never knew why but I figured it was easier to have Marie on my side rather then against me.

Marie walked out of the kitchen with her Frappachino in her hand and a scowl on her face, " Yea I've grown up with him, but that doesnt mean he can just call and expect Blake to give him money when ever he wants."

I let out an annoyed sigh as I scrolled on my phone, looking at the football scores from last night game. "Marie, just give ti a reast, it was a hundred dollars. Its not going to ruin me."

"Blake, you're a good guy, honestly youre, but that doesn't mean you can let Harry walk all over you!" Marie exclaimed from some where in the kitchen.

All I could do was sigh; part of what Marie said was right. I was a nice guy, I alwaysed wanted to help soe one who needed it. But what Marie didn't know, and probably never would, is that Harry gets invovled in the gangs, and never for a good reason. He would go to these bars with random girls he hires to follow him around while he hangs out with his buddies and always ends up finding himself in financal trouble because he was stupid enough to enter a pool or a bet.

Even though it was his own fault I still felt obligated to help him out; even though the past five years he's been nothing but a genuine douche bag to me and Marie, part of me remembers how well we all got along when we were little. If he needed the money I would help him; he let me live with him the last year of high school until I could finally get promoted at work and find a decent apartment. I owed it to him, not just as his brother but as a person.

I glanced over my shoulder and looked at Marie who was standing behind me with a dissapointed look on her face. "Look, let' sjust drop it. He's gone now." I stared at the TV while Thomas continued to flip though the channels. "Do you still want to go to that Fourth of July thing down at the fair grounds?"

Marie sucked her lips for second before sighing in defeat, silently agreeing to move on from the subject. "Yea, when do you guys want to leave?"

"Waoh, wait we're all going?" Thomas asked abruptly, finally deciding to join the conversation.

I couldn't help but glare at my best friend, wondering if wordsjust go through one ear and out the other. "Welcome back to earth, and yes all of us." My phone vibrated in my hand, causing me to slightly jump.

"Why do I have to go?" Thomas whinned like the five year old he was.

Rolling my eyes, I snatched the romote out of his had and changed it to a random channel that showed nothing but murder detective shows all day, "Because, I honestly don't trust you enough to leave you in my apartment alone."