[Two]

The bright flashing club lights blinded me as I made my way out of the back door, and in to my backyard. The loud music pumping out of the large speakers, set up beside the DJ, caused vibrations to move throughout the ground, making my body tremble slightly.

It was my younger sister’s sixteenth birthday, and my parents had organized a huge party for her. Now usually, parties like this occurred on a Saturday night, but of course, my sister had to be different, and wanted it to be on a Friday night, and my parents could never resist giving her what she wanted.

I was asked to bring out some more snacks, and bottles of drink, and as I made my way through the huge crowd of family and friends, I almost got knocked over by one of her lame friends. As it was, she still caused me to drop everything that I was carrying in my arms, including the bottle of drink. Of course, no one offered to help pick it up, and I almost got trampled while I was crouched down, stupid lazy teenagers.

I eventually made it to the drink and snack table without being knocked into again. Who on Earth would put a table of food on the other side of a busy dance floor? It was my mother’s idea of course, talk about dumbass.

I didn’t really get along with her friends. They were only just under two years younger than me, but I found them to be extremely annoying, and self absorbed.

All they were interested in, were their mobile phones, internet, and dating, whereas I was more focused on my studies, books, and my best friend.

Right now, they were all dancing to the loud music, quite horribly I might add, but they didn’t appear to be getting dizzy from the lights like I was. I really wish my parents hadn’t given in with those stupid lights.

They weren’t going to get them at first, both thinking that they were unnecessary, but of course my sister had to complain, and whine, making them give in eventually. Being the youngest, she got everything she wanted, no matter what it was.

I barely heard my mother calling my name over the sound of the music, and I made my way back inside. “Yes mum?”

“Oh Lily, be a dear and take these dips out to the table, and bring back any empty plates or trays,” she said, handing me about five different tubs of different flavoured dips.

I sighed, and rolled my eyes, “Yes mum.”

I made my way outside once again, and decided to walk around the dance floor, instead of walking through it again, and risk getting knocked over again. No doubt the lids would pop off and I would get dip everywhere.

Setting the dips out on the table, I noticed the girl who had knocked into me open a bottle of soft drink. Due to being dropped on to the ground, it was all shaken up, and when she got the lid off, it sprayed all over her.

Her nice white dress now had a bright red stain on the front of it, and I laughed. “Karma bitch.”

Lucy, my sister, came over, and hurried her inside to change.

Still laughing, I collected all the empty trays, and took them inside, stopping outside the kitchen when I heard my parents talking about me.

“Jennifer, it’s not healthy. She’s almost eighteen years old. She’s way too old to have an imaginary friend.”

My mother stopped chopping up the onions to turn, and face him. “You heard what Dr. Marsh said, Richard. It’s her way of coping with her family’s death. He said that we should not encourage it, nor should we discourage it. It will go away on its own when she’s good and ready.”

“His name is Jordan, Jen.” He said with a worried look on his face.

My mother threw her hands up in the air, “why does it matter what his name is Richard? He’s pretend!”