[Sixteen]

Jasmine's wedding is tomorrow. I've been so busy with the antique store after the reopening three weeks ago, that I've been able to avoid this since then. Unfortunately, though, with the wedding being tomorrow, I can't put it off any longer. "Can I take this off yet?" I asked the dress fitter.

She had been here for a few hours now, doing last minute adjustments to the bridesmaids dresses. Lucky me was last, and for the past fifteen minutes, I've been standing in the middle of the living room floor, in a horrid pastel pink dress.

Jordan was having a great time. He was around the corner, hiding in the hallway, and I could hear him snickering and laughing. He's lucky I had pins all over this dress, threatening to injure me if I moved too much. If the pins weren't there, I would be punching him in the face.

"Shut up, Jordan," I warned. I was hoping that the glare I was giving him had enough intensity in it to make him feel it. "You'll be the one in the dress if you keep laughing at me."

The dress fitter had stopped what she was doing. There was a pin held tightly between her lips, and she was looking at me in confusion. I gave her a questioning look and she took the pin away from her mouth. "Who are you talking to?"

"I'm talking to Jordan," I told her in an emotionless tone. I had become used to people not believing that I wasn't talking to myself, so I didn't become defensive very often anymore.

She looked around, her blonde ringlets bouncing around each time she turned her head. "There's no one in here."

I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes. "That's because he's hiding around the corner, like always." He always managed to escape from the horrible moments, and I was left to deal with them alone.

The dress fitter looked at me like I was crazy and turned to face Jasmine. When Jasmine just shook her head and mouthed "leave it," she went back to pinning the dress. Not that there was much to pin anyway. The dress fit perfectly in my opinion, but I guess it wasn't tight enough for Jasmine's liking.

There were no pins left in the dress fitters hand, and I hoped that meant I could take the dress off. "Are you done? I wanna get out of this dress."

She nodded and asked for Jasmine's help to get it off. No idea why taking a dress off was a two person job, but she kept telling me, "Stay still. I don't want those pins falling out."

I managed to not get jabbed with any pins, and once I wasn't half naked anymore, I went up to my room, glad to be back in my sweatpants.

"I'm going to kill you," I growled when I heard Jordan following behind me. "You made me look like a crazy idiot. Again!" He sees all the crap I go through in regards to him. You would think he'd be just a little bit helpful in those kinds of situations.

"Relax, Lil's," he said, dropping down onto my bed with his arms crossed underneath his head. "Everyone thinks you're crazy anyway. It has nothing to do with me."

Well, that was true, but completely beside the point. "Why were you laughing at me? You know I hate that dress."

"Exactly why I was laughing," he chuckled. He was such a pain in the ass. Always has been. I can't help but love him though. He's always been there for me.

I sat cross-legged beside his stretched out legs, and poked him in the stomach repeatedly. "Please come to the wedding with me!" I begged. I would feel much better if he was there.  I would at least have someone to talk to besides snobby rich girls and old people who had memory loss.

Everyone that would be there knew about my situation. To them, I was just a charity case that the Mason's took on out of obligation. I got an array of different looks from them whenever there was a family get together.