Of Ectoplasm and Energy

The first thing Jason noticed upon being the on the U.S.S. Enterprise in temporary command for training purposes was the chair. It was centrally located, rather comfortable and he could perch from all angles from it, good when he was playing the part of command when weeks went by of nothing of any excitement. And if there was excitement, Kirk would come strolling up and taking the spot himself.
When the rising commander spoke to anybody on that large view screen, they immediately looked at him. The 455 year old spirit who sat in the seat of power. The feeling was worth in and of itself for all those years ranking up on this ship. Jason was now in the captain's seat of the legendary flagship of Starfleet. He could do basically anything he needed to. Within reason of coarse.
And yet Jason found himself soon getting tapped lightly on the back of his head by McCoy.
"Hey! Do you just smack Kirk around like that?" The spirit grunted.
The doctor let an amused smile slip over his lips.
"Of course. I don't play favourites." Meaning Jason would be subjected to him and his antics. If not worse since he still felt he was a newbie in comparison to Kirk when it came to experience.
McCoy then placed a hand on the back of his neck and trailed it downwards, steady and rough hands searching and ever so slightly kneading.
"You're going to get neck problems like that, captain,"
The title was said with haughty humour and Jason looked away from where a smirk was surely on the good doctor's lips. He let his hands slip away from the brief examination before following his gaze to find out exactly what he had been staring at.
For the chair being so 'centrally' located, it was hard to see the engineering and science station and he would at times look over each crew member. Sulu and Chekov were easy enough, Uhura required a little noticeable glance to his right. But to see the others, Jason had to either look back at a ridiculous angle or face backwards while on his knees. The second gained more attention so he stuck to getting potential 'neck problems' as McCoy put it.
"That hobgoblin?"
Jason knew McCoy's various nicknames for the half-Vulcan science officer, and tried not to show anything. Spock obviously didn't rub off on the spirit enough as a faint ectoplasmic blush went over his cheeks.
"Mr. Sulu, ETA?"
"Eight hours and twenty two minutes, sir."
Jason collapsed deeper in the command chair. Looks like he couldn't use that as an excuse to avoid McCoy's questions. The doctor leaned over the chair briefly to whisper something in his ear.
"Does Jim know?"
"Yeah. We're friends as much as Jim is with him... Anything else, doctor?"
The spirit almost hissed the word, stopping just short and letting it leave his lips in a raspy word. The man didn't look ready to move as his breath now touched Jason's ear. He laid a small kiss on the tip, more a nip with his lips.
"He's not human. There's certain things he can't offer. I've told Jim this too...many times."
The touch of his lips on his ear made him even more confused with the CMO. Jason and Spock had a tight friendship during the time they served together. Jason, like Kirk, seemed to act as mediator between McCoy's emotions and high moralities, and Spock's logic and statistical knowledge. The doctor stood and took his leave, and when he heard the faint swishing noise, Jason felt free to glance once more at Spock.
He was still eyeing that monitor that stole his attention away. As the one in command... Jason knew it was similar to a submarine's looking glass and had to be monitored frequently.
Jason stood up and began to walk over towards Spock. He knew sometimes Chekov froze up when people did this, so he didn't try to disguise it as looking over everybody's shoulder.
Once he stepped beside him, Spock glanced upwards at him, face monotone and still.
"Is there a problem, commander?"
Yes, Jason thought. Jason had been great friends, almost as tight as Kirk's friendship with him, he wanted to know if there were no affections that the Vulcan felt. He could detect slight emotions through the energy of Spock's aura but it wasn't enough. He needs visual proof. Kirk was called Jim by him, and Jason still got his full title.
"No. Just checking on your status..."
Jason added the last word and the 'r' to 'you' after a small pause, making it sound a little clipped. He knew if anybody could get their job done, it was Spock. He didn't want to show any distrust in him, and he wasn't sure if he could understand curiosity.
Jason leaned closer to him slightly and subconsciously whispered some words in Polish near his ear, not wanting anybody else on the bridge to hear him.
"Sorry for distracting you. Can we talk later?"
If Spock had to learn anything in the last eight months, it was that 'talk' meant many things, none exactly 'talking'. He also found that most humans used the word in a broader, more general sense. Kirk even used it when talking to other alien captains, and they seemed to understand the definition perfectly. It took Spock awhile to adapt to that.
"My quarters, 21:00."
Spock said even that without his voice changing a single bit. As if he was just reporting another piece of scientific information. Jason reached down and took his hand from the various buttons. Immediately feeling energies combine his other hand froze, and he glanced at the ghost with an eyebrow raised. He never knew him to do that, handle him in any way in public, especially on the bridge.
This may have been because he was not Vulcan, and therefor it didn't change many things in him like a kiss on the cheek would. But Jason pressed two fingers against his on an angle transmitting small pulses of ectoplasmic energy that Spock rather adored. He held them there for a considerable length of time before slipping them away and returning back to the command chair.
Jason tried to stay with an expression of calmness as he sat in his seat. A Vulcan kiss may not mean the same thing to him, but, it still meant some things.
"Commander, may I speak with you in private?"
Jason turned to see Spock with the faintest hue if green on his face as if he was blushing- but it was still faint. He stood up and glanced at Sulu.
"Mr. Sulu, you have the conn..."
The ghost then followed Spock into the turbo lift. The half-Vulcan pressed a button and the elevator-like device seized any movements then just closing the doors. Jason was about to question the action before feeling a hand go behind his head feeling a tingle of another strange energy as he was touched. He didn't even have time to face Spock properly when his lips went on the spirit's. Jason was shocked to say the least, and went to reach out to him. He took his other hand in his, running his fingers over it with fast pulsing energy in a messy Vulcan kiss.
His lips on the ghost's were moving slowly, longingly, slightly unknown in what to do. His mouth was searing hot, his skin always double the temperature of humans. Jason wasn't to sure what he was doing. Giving him the same treatment back? Kissing him while he was unable to respond, a mirror to what happened on the bridge?
Then why was he also using his hand? Those deft fingers which traced over each of Jason's own, never fully pulling away as they slid down to the centre of his palm. He rubbed a circle in the centre with his thumb, and the ghost opened his mouth slightly to take a breath in. Spock's tongue moved into the spirit's mouth, rubbing against his own. When Spock's fingers pulled away he traced his tongue over Jason's lips.
He went through various hand motions, trying to show the spirit the equivalent kisses. To show him just what he had done to him on the bridge. Jason's energies were depleting when trying to mimic the energy pulses, his legs felt weak and he shifted to lean against the steel plated wall behind him. Spock stepped forward to make sure the spirit couldn't escape, his other hand going behind Spock's head and down to his neck. Jason traced meaningless, loopy circles in a soothing motion. That didn't seem to dull down the fire of the kisses.
It was experimental, he was tasting the spirit as he was trying to see what he could do with his mouth. He pressed lightly against the ghost, looming over him, asserting his superiority in dominance and height. Jason hand slipped off the back of his neck to grab the front of his blue uniform's shirt and pull him closer.
He broke off from the spirit's lips just as Spock's hand went to Jason's wrist. He took in a deep breath of air, needing it. One lingering finger still travelled higher and suddenly a wet heat was on the spirit's bioluminescent skin of his upper neck. Jason could hardly focus on his fingers anymore as Spock's tongue drew a line downwards. The cool air hit the wet streak and his fingers went over the top of Jason's special black and green uniform. It traced quickly to the base of his neck where he pressed his face to. Spock breathed in himself against that ectoplasmic skin, revelling in the cooler heat the ghost had. It was soothing and refreshing to him. As if he had found one of his homeland's few water bodies in the dead heat of the desert summer.
Jason's core droned violently in his chest, lips numb and wet from Spock. The ghost quivered and slid slightly downwards. Spock's hands quickly went to the spirit's hips, holding him up properly with his superior strength.
When their breathing fell back to normal parameters, he slowly let his hands drop off the spirit's body. He straightened up, hands casually going behind his back as usual. Jason raised one sleeve to wipe the Vulcan's mouth from the wet marks and he raised an eyebrow slightly at the action. "Heh gotta tidy up a bit." Jason spoke seeing his slight confusion and understanding as he straightened his shirt.
Once he was back to his perfect state and they fixed themselves up, looking down at Jason's hand and laying a small touch of his tongue to his lips. The door opened and Spock walked out. The doors stayed open for the spirit, he was much too close for the sensors not to notice him.
Jason stepped inside and Sulu returned command to him as he went back to his seat at navigation, quickly typing and pressing various buttons. Jason slid back into the command chair as Spock went back to his own research at the science station.
Well, back to the usual business as temporary captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise. Waiting for trouble to pop up and until then, be humble.