15. Just Like You

Serena

"I had so much fun," Bea said, as she held my hand.

The party was over and it was time to head home, only Bea wanted me to come with Liam and her first. Since there were quite a few things to carry, I thought I could help out.

"I'm glad you did, Bumblebee," I smiled back at her.

She then kissed my hand. "Thank you, Serena."

I gave her little hand a squeeze. "Anytime, love."

Whilst we had our little conversation, Liam trailed behind us, carrying most of the things. He really insisted on doing so and I didn't have the heart - or the energy - to deny.

Plus, I couldn't be asked to do the heavy lifting anyway.

"The prince agreed to marry me," Bea revealed, with a wide smile on her face.

She was really infatuated with this Prince Charming. When the party ended and it was time for him to leave, Bea wouldn't even let go of his hand. Instead, he said something to her, which made her smile and she let him go.

Liam looked like he was ready to kill the poor man.

I'm assuming it now had something to do with him agreeing to marry her.

"He did?" I asked her, with the same level of excitement she had.

"Yeah," Bea nodded. "He just said I just have to be as tall as him," she told me, raising her hand as far as it could go, to show me how tall she needed to be, even if she was off by a lot of inches.

I smiled back at her. "That's sweet."

Bea grinned and nodded. "I just have to wait," she said.

I chuckled at her words. She seemed so determine and I was a little worried that I had caused a problem for her in later life.

"I'm sure you'll grow big in no time," I reassured her.

She seemed to like my words and smiled in return. "Daddy said I have to grow up too," Bea then added.

"Oh, he did?" I asked.

I turned back to look at Liam, knowing that he had said more to her, than just to grow up.

The look on his face was confirmation that he'd overheard our conversation.

"What did you say to her?" I asked, raising a brow. At this point, Bea wasn't really paying us much attention, she just hummed a tune as we continued to walk.

Liam shrugged, whilst carrying all the presents. "I told her she had to wait until she was eighty-five years old to marry him or anyone," he said, looking incredibly pleased with himself.

"She can't even count to eighty-five," I pointed out to Liam.

"Exactly," he replied, giving me a nod.

The expression he held on his face, he looked as if he were some kind of evil genius, who had just executed some big plan. He bested a little girl, I don't exactly think that is the highest of feats. That's barely a win.

***

After we all reached Liam and Bea's place, she immediately ran towards her room as soon as the door opened, most likely to tell her toy turtle all about her day.

I turned away from him, looking ahead, only to hear something fall behind me.

When I looked back at him, I could see Liam struggling with some of the present boxes. This is what happens when you insist doing most of the carrying.