28. Okay

Serena

It had been a week and a bit, since Will and I had broken up.

That very night we called things off, Will had left the apartment. He thought it would be best if he left and for me to stay stay at the apartment. Only thing, he didn't realise that we got this place together and without him, it was suffocating to know I was just alone here.

Sara and Danny came over the first night, basically running over to me when I told them that Will and I had broken up.

They didn't believe it at first, which made sense because Will wasn't the kind of guy that you would break up with. He was someone you would hold onto.

I was still doing the same, but now, just as friends.

When I told Sara and Danny the full story, a range of emotions were in motion, mostly anger from Danny. He was both mad at me and Will, but I felt as if I made the right decision.

If Will had come back from meeting Lola and he was still the same, I wouldn't have thought anything. I would assume that he didn't have any kind of lingering feelings for her.

However, after seeing him almost broken up after seeing her and then confessing that he wanted to kiss her, it was clear enough who he was meant to be with. Or at least who he wanted.

I didn't regret our journey together.

Will made me laugh and smile at times where I wanted to either remain angry or cry. He made me feel loved and special. He was always true to me. Someone like that, wasn't someone I could just let leave.

Somehow, I always end up losing and I was tired of it.

When Will told me about his past, I knew that he loved Lola a lot. I knew that it hurt him when she left, but when we got together, I had assumed since he was in love with me, I didn't need to worry about anything. I didn't have to think, if she were to come back would he leave me.

I liked that with Will, I didn't have to think about that stuff, especially knowing that it would eat away at you.

It didn't really bother me to be with someone, who had fallen in love before, since that was realistic. The only thing that I wanted, was that they'd they'd fall a little harder for me. Smile a little brighter. Heart beating a little faster. All of that. I wanted that.

With Will, I thought I had that, until I didn't.

Now, I was left with an apartment to myself, one that was meant to be ours.

When I heard the sound of someone knocking at my door, I was jogged out of my slightly depressing thoughts.

Still wearing my joggers and loose sweatshirt, I went to open the door.

To my surprise, Liam was standing on the other side, his hand held up in mid-knock, as he gave me a slightly guilty look.

"Uh, hey," Liam greeted me at the door, even waving slightly.

"Hey?" I said in a questioning tone. "Not that it's not nice to see you, but what are you doing here?"

He didn't seem offended by my direct question.

"I came to see you," he stated.

"Because...?" I then dragged on, waiting for him to give me a reason for coming to see me.

In all the time we'd met each other again, he had never just come over to my place like this. Not even with purpose, let alone randomly.

If he asks for a favour, I'm punching him in the throat.