Part title

(Heather POV)

The police station was filled with people. I never liked being in big crowds, but with my family here I felt a little better. Trey walked over and sat by me, "how are you doing?" I smiled at his concern, "a little wheezy, but I'm good. What do you think they're talking about?" We looked to the captain's office. In there, beyond the blinds, were the captain, my dad, Ash, Skylar, Base, and Axel. He shrugged, "could be anything. Probably whatever that Base guy did." I nodded, my gaze zoning back to the door.
I frowned once Axel and my dad walked out, both with a slightly annoyed look. "What happened?" My voice was soft, yet auditable. Dad looked over at me with a smile, but his eyes showed worry, "it's a private talk. One we weren't allowed to hear." Heat rose to my neck as I felt anger arise in me. Obviously Ash sent them out, after all they've done, he can't let them know a part of the puzzle? "You have done too much for him to just sent you out!" He put a hand on my cheek, "some people are really private. Sure, did we help him? Yes, but this is something between the three of them." I was still beyond annoyed, but nonetheless nodded. Great, save a kid's life and they don't even try and repay you.
We waited for an hour before Ash and Skylar walked out, both sheer white. Ash's face was blank, but Skylar's riddled with pain. His jaw clenched, hers quivering. His stare hard, hers tender. Each looked terrified, but in their own way. I could see how hard Ash tried to convince everyone, but the way his breathing was cut off, his eyes just barely wider than normal, and his complexion, was a dead giveaway. Something bad went down and not a cracking of the ice, a breaking and nearly drowning of the ice. Trey rushed up to them, checking up. Ash never responded, he just nodded, shook his head, or shrugged. I walked up, our eyes locked instantly. I smiled to myself at how quickly I could catch his attention.
"Are you better? With all that off your chest?" He nodded, letting out a long breath. "Do you want to go get some pizza? Just us kids? No adults." He thought it over, my heart quickened as he delayed his response. He didn't take long to accept, only with a nod though. "Ash, I know you're not mute... unless you are! All this time I thought you were fluent in idiot, dang." He rolled his eyes, "hey Heather?" "Yeah?" He smirked, "shut up." I giggled, what a gentleman. Skylar stayed with Axel, talking with him and Henry. Ash was weary watching them, almost afraid. "Ready?" His head turned to mine, a subtle nod was all he gave before we all hopped in Trey's truck.
We drove to a Mexican restaurant, I was thankful for the change in food. Pizza was good, but not all the time. We all sat at a booth and by we I mean: Trey, Presley, Tina, Ash, Rio, and I. We ordered chips and hot sauce to begin with. Everyone diving in without a moment's hesitation. "Alright, favorite movie?" Tina grinned. "Kissing Booth," Presley answered. I laughed, "High School Musical, now that's a trilogy to remember!" Presley and Tina agreed. "Nah, Avengers: End Game. Best movie of all time, number one box office, raised billions," Trey announced. "Shut up, you ain't seen a real movie unless you've seen Deadpool, now that's a freaking movie," Rio took a sip of his Dr. Pepper.
"The Little Mermaid is my favorite!" Squealed Tina, "can I watch Deadpool?" My eyes widened, "no! That is not a movie even he should watch... maybe when your twenty-one or eighty." She sighed, consuming a chip. "Do you have a favorite?" Rio asked Ash. He looked up from his hands, "I haven't really watched any." "Tonight will be a movie marathon minus Deadpool!" Presley declared. "What? That's like my soul. I bet Ash would like it," complained Rio. "What's it about?" "Oh you know, an assassin, anti-hero, can't get hurt, counts their bullets, sex, foul language, the typical teenage movie," Trey answered. "What's sex?" Came little Tina. We all stared at one another, red faced. "Uh, it's a bad word, don't say it," Ash replied.
"Ashamed Trey, can't believe you said a bad word," Rio smirked. We sat and talked for a while enjoying one another's company. "So, are you all like brother and sister blood or just adopted as one another's sibling. Sorry, if that sounds rude or something," Ash asked. We all shook our heads. "I had a half sister, but she was a drug addict. Really sucked, I haven't seen her since we were split," Presley answered a little sad. I noticed Ash slightly grip onto his fork, it looked normal, but before Presley spoke his grip was lighter. I took this as an opening, "What about you? Anyone you had back home?" He looked at me, his blue eyes a mixture of anger, but he remained calm and composed. "I- I had a brother, but he didn't hang around long. He left when he was nine, I was eight."
"Had?" Rio quirked a brow. Ash licked his lips and leaned back, "yeah, I mean, I've seen him around every so often with the same group of kids every time, but we don't really talk. Well, we did once, but that didn't turn out too well. He's just different." What? Ash had a brother? "What's his name?" "Grant." Trey spoke, "and you don't like him because..." "Reasons you are not mentally able to comprehend, dear Heather." I scoffed, "try me, Sir Ash." He rolled his eyes, "I'd love to do so, but I'm not an entertainer, carry on." Rip threw a chip at him, "Dude since you've been here my life has been freaking lit, you my friend, are an accidental entertainer." "Accidental entertainer?"
"You don't mean to entertain, you just do," Rio answered proudly. "Glad I could give you something to do," he threw the chip back at him. "Me too, mí amigo," Rio smirked. We went back home and had a movie marathon, but the more movies watched the more we're suggested. We ended up watching them without a wink of sleep. After six a.m. everyone was passed out. "You all know beds exist... right?" Henry called close to me. I opened my eyes to find myself in a pillow pallet, blankets strode everywhere, crazy sleeping positions. Trey was half way on the couch and half on the floor. Ash and Rio were asleep on the same couch. Presley was laying next to me, Tina laid across our legs. I smiled at everyone.
Seconds later Bethany came in with a blow horn. I covered my ears as she pressed it. Presley shot up, Tina screamed. Rio jerked up knocking Ash off the couch, Trey fell off as well. "Good gosh woman what's wrong with you!" Yelled Trey. "¡Cállate esa cosa! Juro que esta familia está loca. Dios mío que duele," Rio shouted in Spanish. What the heck did he just say? "Me estás diciendo, me acabas de lanzar del sofá," Ash said back annoyed. Umm... translator? "You speak Spanish?" Rio asked. Thank you, now please only talk English now. "A bit." Presley threw a pillow at them both, "translate." Rio groaned, he looked at Ash who shook his head. Seriously? "Boys," Bethany warned.
Rio threw his pillow down at Ash, the boy groaned and laid back down. "Shut that thing up, I swear this family is insane, oh my gosh that hurt. Then I said you're telling me you just launched me off the couch. The end," Ash answered taking the pillow and throwing it back at Rio. We all got up one by one, walking into the kitchen for breakfast. It was one p.m. and we were all exhausted. Bethany had prepared waffles, eggs, and bacon which were gone in a matter of five minutes. Everyone stuffing their faces without a care. "Thank you," I said awaiting the roars of thank yous soon to follow. "Gracious, Bethany!" Rio said, everyone else followed in pursuit. Bethany smiled, "you're welcome, why don't you all go ahead and get ready? We're going to the water park."
I jumped up and started racing around eager to go to the park. The last time I went I was ten, I'm fifteen now and I was dying for it! Trey jumped over the table, "were you born in a barn!" Bethany scolded. He smirked, "no ma'am, it was a shed." She shook her head as everyone ran upstairs to clean up. I noticed one person didn't follow, but given the past I didn't think he would.

A/N

First outsider perspective! Let me know if y'all liked it or not!