Seven.

"I know you are tired

"I know you are tired. I know that you are physically and emotionally drained.
But you have to keep going."

★-★-★-★-★-★

I walked up the flight of stairs awkwardly behind Tarik, fiddling with my fingers nervously. The man ahead of Tarik was indeed a good lier. It was something that would help him a lot if he needed to bluff his way out of situations he didn't want to be in. Even using it against Tarik proved to be easy-going but thankfully we had Rollans sharp instances and eye to catch the lies being made. I was definitely impressed by it but I won't let him know that. Don't want it getting to his head now do it?

As I glanced behind, I met the eye of Rollan who shoot just behind me, with Meilin and Conor following. I sent him a nervous look, thinking of all the possible outcome but mostly what Barlow, Monte's partner, would act like. Would he completely disregard them? Maybe, Monte did tell us that he might not be happy to see us but I can understand why.

Rollan smile, poking my stomach with his finger in a teasing matter allowing a silent laugh to leave me. I quickly turned around and speed to the end of the hall on the second floor of the trading post.

I leant to the right to see past Tarik to see Monte knock on the heavy door blocking us from the unknown man we had yet to meet. Not soon after, it was answered by a brawny man with massive sloping shoulders and thick whiskers that came up nearly to his eyes. He stood almost half a head taller than Tarik. It made my eyes widen with surprise on how well he was matched with the bear. 

The huge man glowered at Monte. "Greencloaks! At my door? Really?"

"They . . . uh . . . insisted," Monte explained.

"No surprise there," the big man said, sizing up the visitors. His eyes lingered on Conor making me step in the way with protectiveness. "I see we have some seasoned veterans of . . . what? A week?"

I growled lowly, I know we may be young but that shouldn't mean he can just insult my friends for it.

Monte gave a nervous chuckle. "They want to have a word with us."

Barlow locked eyes with Tarik. "You looking for trouble? You can't own people. We haven't done anything wrong."

"We're looking for Arax," Tarik said.

The bear-shaped man let out explosive laughter, making my body freeze. 

"Arax?" Monte exclaimed. "Is this a prank? Who put you up to this?"

Barlow's barking laugh subsided, but his heavy shoulders kept heaving. He wiped a tear from one eye. 

"It's no prank," Tarik said. "The Devourer is back and he's after the talismans. We need to get to Arax first."