Six.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

★-★-★-★-★-★

Once the journey had begun, the group and I had found ourselves on top of five beautiful horses. The horse that I found myself riding had dark brown hair along with a few white splodges spreading around her back, I also found out from Tarik that she is named Blue-Bell. 

The ride at first was calm and pleasant besides for the few whines from Rollan who rode behind me. To simply put it, he's never ridden a horse before. At first, I would laugh and tease him for being a whiner. However, in the beginning, the pain of bouncing up and down was non-existent but after a while of being thrown about, it's slowly started to grow worse. My butt was incredibly sore...

Two days had past and now a week had it become. We found ourselves pacing along a faded trail that was bordered by low scrubby bushes. All around us was a long jagged ridge which gave us a view of dry, rolling terrain. 

I rode second to the back, with Rollan riding behind me, Conor in front of me, beyond him was Meilin, and even further in the lead was Tarik. During the last meeting, the four of us were told that Tarik would be our appointed protector or leader, however you would put it into terms. The idea of it threw off a large weight on my shoulders and relief settled in like an arrow being released. 

"My butts hurting," Rollan muttered to me.

"You've been saying that for the past three days," I said, looking back at him. "Shouldn't your butt be numb by now, because my definitely is."

Rollan huffed, leaning forward slightly. "Is it as numb as your lack of concern for my well-being?" 

"No," I smiled.

Rollan grinned, seeming pleased with himself.

"The concern for you is non-existent," I looked back to the front.

Conor stifled a laugh just as Rollan dramatically gasped. My vision trained in on Conor's cloak, from behind me, I could hear Rollan's whipping around in the wind.

Everyone apart from Rollan and I wore the green-cloaks, we were both given grey ones to replace it. 

Rollan had received a deal from Olvan, although, what it was wasn't shared among the others. Olvan had also tried to make a deal with me seeing as I wouldn't take the green-cloak but I denied, as all I wanted to do was help the course. No reward would affect me in any way because if I can save lives, that's all I need. 

With the crest of a long and gradual rise approaching up ahead, Tarik slowed his mount to a walk, and the others followed his lead. Overhead, Essix gave a cry and came spiralling down to land on Rollan's shoulder. Meilin wore Jhi on her hand, Tarik's otter lay curled at the back of his saddle, Briggan loped tirelessly alongside Conor, and Ptolema rolled onto her back by my side.