Chapter 3

Hizashi walked to the restaurant slowly. At first he was going to tell Nemuri that he wasn't going to join them for dinner, just so he could avoid more time with a certain person.

Unfortunately, he had a thing for hotpot and he wasn't going to miss the chance of enjoying it with the group.

He could see that they were already waiting for him in the building when he arrived. He was never early, always either late or right on time and he constantly felt guilty about having others wait.

He took out his phone and turned airplane mode on, but not before checking some of his social media.

Hizashi spotted the dark-haired, tired-looking man immediately out of the energetic, talkative group of people he sat next to. He stuck out like a sore thumb, wearing all black and dark gray while the rest wore normal clothes like normal people. His dark hair fell down the sides of his face as well, covering the uninterested look on his face.

Hizashi lowered his head and hoped he wouldn't recognize or remember him. To be fair, his hair was longer and in a bun and he had a mustache; slightly different from how he looked in high school when he had his hair gelled back in an attempt to look more fabulous than he already did. He hoped, again. He adjusted his glasses before walking closer.

"Hizashi!" Nemuri called, noticing him and waving him over. Maybe he won't remember my name either, Hizashi thought nervously.

He focused his attention on his friends, avoiding eye contact with the other man.

Toshinori, the other blond who looked rather skinny and frail, but Hizashi knew he was stronger than Hizashi on the inside. He looked stone cold but had a heart of gold.

He was sitting next to Tensei, the blue-haired man wearing glasses and giving the waiter their order that sounded more like instructions and demands. He was the most mature out of the group, most likely because he had a little brother to be an example for.

And Nemuri, the dark-haired woman whose confidence Hizashi had in high school but hadn't kept. Hizashi decided to sit next to her, as far away from the tired man as possible. He was staring at him, thinking.

"Toshinori!" Hizashi exclaimed anxiously, ignoring him as much as he could. "Long time no see, how've you been?"

"You." A gruff voice snapped before Toshinori could answer.

"Uh." Hizashi gulped, looking slowly towards the source of the voice. "Yeah, me. Hey, Shota. Long time as well...?"

Shota didn't answer. He must have recognized Hizashi's voice. He would have gotten up and left if it weren't for Toshinori grabbing his arm and pulling him back.

"Come on, Shota, it's been years," Toshinori said softly. "We're here to enjoy time together, not hold grudges."

"If you told me he was going to come I wouldn't be here," Shota muttered. He sat down and huffed, crossing his arms and glaring at Hizashi.

Hizashi uncomfortably cleared his throat under his gaze. The table was silent for a long time.

"You two never settled?" Tensei asked, ignoring the tension. "Toshinori told me you two were fine."

"I meant individually, not together," Toshinori murmured. He seemed like he regretted keeping Shota there, but he really didn't want to ruin the night.