i me mine | george ☆

era: 1958 (cute teddy boi beatle)
name: sarah

"little sarah! what're you doing here all alone?" i heard from behind me. i recognized the voice as george harrison, my brother's best friend. "skipping rocks?"

i turned, smiling at the boy coming down the path my way. it was safe to say we were friends, i suppose. "just... admiring the view." i muttered, standing in front of the mersey side. he came next to me, running a hand through his wild hair he somehow maintained. "what brings you here?"

"jack said i might find you here," he licked his lips. jack was my brother. i laughed shortly. george was looking for me? "i just wanted to say... you did really well in the talent show on saturday."

i almost died right then and there. i knew he was being sarcastic. my all-girls school held a talent show, which i entered in with a few friends for fun. it was a tap dancing routine. we all wore these really short black dresses with black tights, receiving nothing but good responses from the boys who attended. we tap danced away to a rock and roll song. our school didn't—well, the teachers didn't like it, but we used the song anyways.

"you were there? i didn't see you." i said casually.

"i came with a few mates. we were right in the back, whistling at you all," he said. i knew there were boys there, boys who really liked the routine, but i didn't know george was one of them. i had no idea george was there. if i did, i would probably be embarrassed all through the routine and mess up. i had the biggest crush on him. "it looked like you all had a lot of fun up there," he kicked a stray rock as i stuffed my hands in my dress pockets, staring at the river.

"it was, yeah, a lot of fun," i said awkwardly. i didn't know what to say. george, i have a huge crush on you! take me now, in front of these nosy geese! that might not go over well with him, especially if the feelings weren't mutual. "kathy really seemed to be the showstopper, huh?"

kathy, the bitchiest, snottiest girl in school just had to tear the attention away from everyone and perform her solo perfectly, even adding a few extra, improvised moves. it was supposed to be my solo, but her and her one pound store nails tore them out from under me. i loathed her, if you couldn't already tell.

"she was alright," george said plainly. "i just thought you were amazing." he smiled at me, making my heart momentarily stop beating. "in fact, you were the prettiest girl up there."

george was being strangely transparent. i knew we were friends, but i didn't have a clue he liked me like that! my cheeks flushed as i tried to desperately recover from that comment. "you're too kind, george." i brushed it off.

the wind blew his hair. he looked perfect in the midday sunlight peeking through the clouds. "no, i really mean it." as he got closer to me, i knew what he would soon do.

our first kiss was as magical as i dreamed it would be. he leaned in, grabbing my cheeks and pressing his lips to mine. caught off guard, i balanced myself, melting into the kiss and putting my hands on his neck. it seemed the world stopped just for our kiss; our long awaited kiss.

i don't remember the separation, but i do remember what he said as he walked away from me: "see you tomorrow, sarah."