boys | ringo ☆

era: 1965
name: ophelia

today would be the day ringo came home.

i prepared a nice dinner for him. his favourite, bean and rice tacos. it took me nearly all day for the turkey i would eat to cook, and the wine i bought was also his favourite.

i was so excited, i could feel it in my stomach the whole day. he was on tour for so long, finally, he would come home.

i understood the circumstances. i wasn't mad at him for being so long, but i waited in anticipation every day. ringo would be home late, i knew that. he said around nine or ten london time. he had a key to our apartment, so i could be in the kitchen or the bedroom when he got home.

that night, it was my plan to wear my sexiest piece of lingerie under a nice little dress. when the time came, we would... you know.

i was elbow deep into the dishes when i heard the front door lock being messed with. i felt my heart start to race as i hurriedly dried off my hands. i rushed to the door and opened it to which ringo stood.

i opened my mouth, smiling with shock! he didn't even grin. his eyes had a desperate glint in them. ringo almost started tearing up then and there. my eyebrows became downturned, beginning to feel bad for him.

he trudged inside with no greeting, holding two briefcases in his hands. he threw them on the couch and sauntered to our bedroom.

"ritchie? what's the matter?!" i walked back into the apartment, swinging our door closed. as he fell face-first onto the bed, i heard a low groan come from him. "are you alright?"

"no," he grumbled into the just-made bed. it was all messed up now. "horrible!"

i sat on the bed next to his seemingly lifeless body, caressing his moptop. "tell me what's wrong," i whispered.

"i feel so ashamed of myself..." he moaned. "i leave you here for nearly three weeks... playing the united states... play shea stadium! dammit, shea was the fucking loudest concert yet. ophelia... that's saying something." he complained. he flipped over onto his back so he faced me.

"but-"

"-i don't see why you stay with me after all these years! i've left you every year for a tour! we're not together more than we are, o."

"ritchie, i wouldn't leave you for the world! can't you see that?" i shook my head saying this. after a few more groans and complaints, he looked me in the eyes with a sad gaze.

"you're too good for me, ophelia."

i closed my eyes and swung my leg over his stomach so i was straddled on him. "if anything, ritch, you're too good for me," i kissed his nose in between sentences. "i love you... i won't leave you!"

he gripped the sides of my hips and kissed me back slowly. once we kissed one last time, i rested my head on his neck, stretching my legs so i was laying on him.

he slowly exhaled onto the top of my head and rubbed my hair. i melted beneath his touch.

"are you sure?" ritchie muttered as he kissed the top of my head.

"i'm positive."