chapter twenty five

M I T C H I E

M I T C H I E

"It's ridiculous that you're not going to be able to perform in Final Jam. At all. I don't get it, until the end of Final Jam." Daniel droned on, mocking Brown's accent at the end with the whole 'until the end of Final Jam' part.

Jonah rolled his eyes, slapping the boy's arms. "Dude, we get it. But there's nothing that we can do, I think we got that part."

"What if there is, have we not tried talking to Brown?" Corbyn then asked.

"Yeah, we're a band now, right?" Zach asked as Phoebe stole some food off of his tray, causing him to look over at her and smile.

"Just because he put us together as a band and we're judging the whole thing doesn't mean anything. Rules are rules and Heather will throw a huge fit if she doesn't get what she wants. She'll get her mother to throw a fit if she has to." Christina shook her head with a sigh.

We then watched as Brown walked in with a sheet of paper, posting it up on the bulletin, bunches of people immediately crowding around it. That proved that it was the lineup for Final Jam, only bumming us out more.

"This is stupid! I wanted to do a duet with Mitchie!" Daniel whined, slamming his hands down on the table as he stood up.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Jonah asked.

"There's gotta be something that we can do!" Daniel exclaimed, "Jack's gotta be able to do something, right?" Daniel then sat back down, changing his mind about doing whatever it was that was going through his mind only seconds before. "He can talk to Brown or something. Brown is in charge. Heather clearly put that bracelet there. Chris and Mitch didn't."

"Yeah, I think we got that," Griffin said, rolling his eyes.

"This is stupid." Daniel then said again, putting his head on the table. I sighed, putting my hand on his back and rubbing it.

"There's always next year, Daniel. Besides, we go to the same school. We can do duets there." I shrugged.

"It's not the same," He mumbled.

"He's talking about the popularity." Phoebe rolled her eyes, "The bitch called Aubrey."

At the mention of her name, I felt my heart drop. I didn't want to talk about her, because even though I was super mad about everything she'd done she still had a special place in my heart. Not to mention we were still going to have to see each other, our parents are best friends.

"Let's go to the dock, it's quiet." Jonah then offered, "Away from all these screaming people."

"I agree." I quietly spoke with a nod.

We all stood up, and I wrapped my arm around Daniel because although Christina and I were upset about this since we were the two that were banned from it, Daniel seemed to be taking this the hardest since he was thrilled about doing a duet with me at Final Jam.