chapter five

M I T C H I E

M I T C H I E

"Mitch, I have some news." My mom stopped me as soon as I walked through the front door. I followed her voice into the kitchen, where she was focused on making supper.

"What is it?" I asked, mainly to let her know that I didn't just ignore her and I was with her. I leaned against the counter, biting my lip as I waited for her news. I didn't know what it could be, hopefully no more bad news. I've had enough, and summer hasn't even started yet.

"Well... You're going to Camp Rock!" She suddenly shrieked, catching me off guard. My eyes widened, and I practically choked on my own spit.

"What?!!!" I asked, slamming my hands down on the countertop.

"I said you're going to Camp Rock!" She spoke again, as if I actually didn't hear her the first time. "Well, technically, we're going to Camp Rock! Your letter's right there!" She pointed toward the opened envelope on the dinner table, and I wasted no time in going over to it, pulling the note out of the envelope.

I scanned my eyes over the words over and over again, excitement coursing through my veins. I just can't believe it, I surely didn't think I would get in. Phoebe, Griffin, Aubrey and I have been waiting the past few days for my acceptance letter but it never came, we just assumed that Aubrey's dad couldn't get me in and I would just have to wait to see them until they got back, but this is actually quite amazing.

"Mom, I haven't even packed yet," I mumbled, turning to see her staring at me, a giant smile on her face.

"That's fine, it's only six, you have all night after dinner. The letter came earlier but you were with your friends so I didn't bother calling you, I figured you'd have just wanted to see it when you got back. I'm already packed, so if anything I can help you after supper." She explained, turning back to the food as if she didn't just tell me the most amazing news.

"This is, this is great mom!" I smiled at her.

"I'm glad you're happy. Although you will have to help out. Aubrey's dad told me that my catering business was able to be hired onto the kitchen staff, basically giving you a discount to Camp Rock. Therefore, you'll have to help out in the kitchen, you won't be just free to do whatever all the time with your friends." She explained as she pulled some plates out of the cabinet.

"I need to go to phone Aubrey and Phoebe, I'll be back for dinner." I ran over to her, kissing her on the cheek before running into my room, grabbing my phone and dialing a group video call with my two best friends.

"What is it, Mitch?" Aubrey asked as soon as all of us were in the video. Phoebe was eating, like normal, and Aubrey was wiping her makeup off.

"So I just got back home and guess what?" I asked excitedly, causing both of them to look at the screen.

"Tell us!" Phoebe demanded, and I quickly nodded as I gathered my thoughts together. She hated it when people said things like 'guess what' or something like that, when we can easily just tell her what's going on.

camp rock,  why don't we ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara