26.

"Nooo, come back

"Nooo, come back." Luna whined, using her legs to pull Embry back to stand between her legs, his hands on her hips as they were the only two left in the Swan house. Charlie had gone to work hours ago.

Embry let out a laugh, "Baby, I have to go. I got patrol with Paul in a few minutes."

"I want you to stay with me." The youngest Swan pouted, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Call Sam and tell him that you can't make it."

"You know that's not how that works, Luna." Embry sighed. "And you already know that if I could stay that I would."

Luna let out a sigh of her own, pushing Embry away from her slightly and jumping off of the kitchen counter.

"Baby, don't be like that." The wolf called, following her up the stairs.

"Be like what? Mad that my fiance can't blow off one day of stupid patrol to spend time with me?" Luna pulled a pair of blue jean shorts out of the dresser and a t-shirt that she was pretty sure belonged to Jacob. "Next time I'll schedule an appointment to hang out with you."

"Where are you going?" Embry called out as she walked out of her bedroom.

"To see Seth, Leah, and Jacob!" She called back, "At least they'll actually have a conversation with me for longer than two seconds!"

✖✖✖

"She shouldn't be this still." Edward spoke gently, watching over Bella's body.

"It's the morphine." Carlisle explained, "Listen to her heart."

Luna kept her eyes on her older sister, her argument with Embry still clear on her mind. The youngest Swan could see that Bella's hair appeared more thicker, her body seemed to fill out more and her wounds were healing.

Everyone watched in anticipation, waiting for something to happen and then her eyes snapped open.

Her hand shot up as she eyed the ring on her finger, but then she trained her sight on Edward.

"Come on." Jacob mumbled, his hand on the small of Luna's back as he lead her out so that the married couple could have some privacy. "Edward's going to take her to feed and then they'll be back. But tell me what's on your mind. You've been going crazy for the last couple of days, Lu."

Luna let out a sigh, "Don't tell anyone. And don't think about it when Edward get's back, please. The two of us aren't ready to really tell people."