Chapter 2

You pushed the bowl aside and stood up. Leo walked in with his typical smirk while holding a notepad, "Yikes, another point for anxiety." You rolled your eyes. Leo had been making a tally score of every time you and Donnie were together, but your anxiety kept you from confessing. Leo closed the notebook and pen, putting them in a small sleeve on his belt-thing. "Yeah, yeah.. I'm gonna do it." Leo raises his brows, "That's what you said last week doll-face." You flush red and grumble. Leo was always a flirt, it was really annoying. "You best ask him soon, or I'll do something!" You huff and pick up the bowl of soup, shaking the liquid around, "Look y/n, you know how I feel about you.. And if Don doesn't treat you right.. I'll have no problem swoopin' in and takin' you for myself~" You roll your eyes, but laugh. "I don't think so." You gently shove Leo aside and splash a little soup onto his plastron, "Wh- Hey! Oh-Ho-Ho I'm gonna get you for that y/n!" You snicker and set the bowl aside on a random skating ramp before you walk up to the door to Donnies "epic-science-inventing-aesthetic-room."

You slowly slide open the door and knock on the metal frame, "Donnie?" You hear a few metal clanks before a loud thud, followed by some quiet cursing. You snort and Donnie stumbles into view from behind a truck he had been taking apart. "Yes y/n? Whatever brought you to this lovely painful junk-filled fantasy?...ouch..." You snort again as Donnie rubs his forehead. You step past him and pick up a wrench, "So whats the mighty Donnie making today?" Donnie carefully garbs the wrench from you and steps back over some junk to a desk full of blueprints. "I'm just working on some lazer gun prototypes. No biggy." You step over and lean into Donnie to read the print; very detailed looking designs of a gun with the depiction of lasers that shot out in a beam and got bigger the further it reached. You grin, "Wow, that's really cool Donnie." He folds the blueprints closed and puts them back in their respective place. "Eh, I guess.. I could do better." You elbow him, "What did we talk about burnout?" Donnie sighs, "Not to do it unless it's absolutely necessary." You smile and nod, satisfied.

You plop onto the hood of the truck and swing your legs back and forth. Donnie huffed as he went under the truck again. You look at your legs as you kick them, Leo's encouragement he'd given you over the past few months, spilling into your thoughts...

"C'mon y/n, you can do this."

"He's not heartless."

"He'll accept."

"You'll be okay."

"Just 6 words, "Will. You. Go. Out. With. Me." That's it"

"You can do this, you're perfect! What person in their right mind would say no!?"

You sigh and slid off the hood.. 'You can do this y/n...just ask.' You repeated that phrase in your head as you walked to Donnies side. You take a deep breath, "Donnie? I have a question.." A few tiny clanks are heard before Donnie emerges with his goggles on. You clear your throat and shift in your spot, "I was wondering if.. Um.." Donnie waits with an expectant look as seconds go by with awkward silence.

"You good? Just ask me what it is." You take a shaky breath, "I was wondering if you wanted to..." 

You can't do it.. 

"..if you wanted to hang out at the park later this week." Donnie removes his goggles and stands up, "Are..are you asking me out...?" His face is blank and you can't tell if he's flattered or not, "U-Uh No! No, That's not how I meant to sound. I've just been bored lately." Donnie's face relaxed a bit and he shrugs, his normal demeanor returning. "Alright, sure that sounds like a fair level of fun." You smile, but inside you were slapping yourself for being so anxious.

But hey...

he didn't say no.