Chapter 8

"W-What?"

Leo bashfully smiles and reiterates, "I'd like to date you..so, are you willing to give me a chance?"

He looks you in the eye, unintentionally looking like the purest person within a 50 mile radius (Yes, even more pure than baby Mikey). You stammer, not really finding the words. Seeing your expression and unsure mannerisms, Leo seems to lose hope and get a bit embarrassed. "Just.. just kidding. Good joke. Bueno. Bueno."

He drums his hands in his lap and he looks like he's struggling to keep his bright smile. Seeing the strain on his face made you find your words.

"Uh.. well, Leo.. I- I.." You think about Donnie for a split second. He wasn't ready for anything, you didn't want to break his heart by dating his brother.. But you didn't have the heart to reject Leo. Then again.. You did tell yourself you'd give him a chance.. So..

"I'll give you that chance."

There's a moment of silence as Leo stares into your eyes, processing the fact that you didn't reject him.

In an instant he starts laughing and pulls you into a hug. "Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

When he pulled away his eyes glistened with what appeared to be tears.

"I'll make good on that chance. This-- wow.. Is this a dream?"

You find yourself smiling, "No, you're wide awake."

Leo gives you the most genuine smile he's given all night. For once, in the moment, you didn't question what was hidden behind his smile, because right now there was nothing to hide. He was over the moon.

As the two of you smile at one-another, his face softens a bit and he looks away, "Hey, can.. Can I do something?" He peeks at you expectantly. Feeling the happiness radiating off of him and the sweetness in his tone, you agree. "Sure, what is it?"

Leo doesn't answer, instead he scoots up to you and carefully takes hold of your arms. You were a little confused, but did not impede him.

His face was relaxed and he looked like he was in a trance. Just then he pauses and his cheeks start getting red. He haltingly laughs and does his best to keep eye contact with you, "Close your eyes."

You feel like you know what's coming, but you don't do anything to resist.

Your eyes close and you wait in darkness. There's a moment of stillness and silence, all you hear is your and Leo's steady breathing. The moment drags for a while.

Was he going to do something or..? Maybe he was psyching himself up. So, you continue to patiently wait.