Chapter I: Flashbacks in Slumbers (pt.2)

“Let me out… Let me out!” She cried. Moments of struggle and she finally broke through. She dashed to the dark green door and tried to open it realizing that the door was still locked. “Mom! Open the door… Open the door!”

     “Spawn” Mom said. “Can you take care of the other things? I’ll try to open all the doors in the house as fast as possible so that we can start already.”

     “Sure…” I said without even looking at her. “I’ll just check the things. You can go ahead and help Jade about her bathroom problem.” I guess I just feel really bad because of moving.

     “Thank you.” She walked to the door and tried to find the right key as Jade started stomping her feet on the ground.

     As soon as the door opened, she yelled “Sanctuary, Sanctuary!” and yet again realizing that the bathroom door is locked.

     The driver went out of the truck and opened the slide door at the back. I started to check the truck for our items and found all of it unbroken and parts still intact. We started lifting boxes, drawers, paintings, and other sort of stuffs outside the truck.

     “Man, this trip’s exhausting.” I said.

     “You’ll get used to it.” The driver said. “It’s just like a walk in a park.”

     “Easy for you that is. You’ve been traveling in this truck for so long.”

     “No… not that long. But I’ve been protecting important packages for so long that I didn’t realize that I don’t need to worry. It’s like protecting someone you cared about… every *thing*, alive or not, is quite important. You’ll never know what values it can bring to you.”

     “I’m guessing that you got a girl back home then, huh?”

     “A girl… some kids… friends… a family… some promises… I work hard just to see them back alive.”

     “A promise you say?”

     “Yeah, a guy that asked me to take care of someone even with this person’s death. It’s because…” he paused for a moment.

     “It is because?” I wondered.

     “Well… let’s just say that I lost this person on that day… and the one that I am supposed to protect… to take care. But I learned that I must move on. You can’t just stop in one stone. That is why we all have our own stepping stone. Events might ruin our tracks but other than that, we still have our stones to step in.”

     “You must be lucky to still have your family alive, since my accident, I don’t think I have any stones to step on.”

     He dropped the box and held my shoulder “There is always a stone to be step.”

     “Yes well, thanks for brightening me up… but I believe that we must carry our things out.”

     He picked up the box that he dropped. “Right…”

     There are still a lot of things to put out. A minute has passed and it’s like I’ve already lost some of my fatigue from lifting heavy objects (I have got to eat some more). A lot of boxes to open and I think mom is still unlocking the other doors in the house. Works to do, Allan running around the house, and Jade still in the bathroom, why are girls took longer on using the bathroom? I got a guess… she’s probably using the mirror trying to do all sorts of makeup.

     “You need help?” someone asked.

     “Erm…” I know that I need some help but I also wanted to try if I can do this on my own. “Wait… I can do it…”

     He helped me pick up another box. “I’m Mark Woods. I live next door. Just want to welcome you to the neighborhood.”

     “And thanks for helping me up here.”

     “So where’d you from?”

     “New York, it’s kind of same here but quieter.”

     “It is… so why did your family move here?”

     “There’s only one reason, mom got a new job. I really didn’t choose to move. I missed my friends back then and I miss the way they are.”

     “Well, sorry to hear about that. But you’ve got to accept what fate has given you. There are a lot of friendly neighbors here. I know that you’ll have a lot of great friends.”

     Great friends huh…?  I think I had those. I didn’t really want to leave. I just don’t want my family to feel sad about me wanting to stay. But was it that bad to let out my emotions… for me… it is. I don’t know why but I just know it.

     “So who’s your friend?” Jade asked.

     “Woah!” It’s like it’s the first time that she saw someone like Jade. To be honest, she is kind of having a nice build. She has long brown hair, blue eyes, white skin, eyes are wide but have small eye bugs, slender, and is slightly taller than mom like 5.5 feet tall. Yeah, I guess that Mark might be interested in her. I don’t know if that guy with a dark brown skin (But not that dark), black eyes, normal width eyes, 5.7 feet tall, and has a little bit of fat. His expression is like the ones on those movies where some people stare and then a pink background shows up with that girl then afterwards the girl blinked and saying (Specifically saying Jade) *So who’s your friend?*. His mouth was still kind of open but after about two seconds, he finally regained stability. “I- I… I’m Mark, Mark Woods. I was just passing to the neighborhood and just want to welcome you guys.”

     “Thanks.” Jade usually use her low voice so that no one would hear her ridiculous high pitch voice. “Spawn, what’s taking you so long, can’t even bring a single box inside the house?”

     “How about you… were you taking so long in the bathroom doing make-up? Plus you didn’t see me back then when I was taking some boxes inside the house.”