Chapter II: First School Bump (pt.1)

Occasionally, some people are worried on transferring schools. Because some people might think that there’s something wrong with the crowd that makes them insecure. But the only person that they should be worrying is themselves.

Chapter II: First School Bump (pt.1)

    I was dreaming my body is moving to anywhere it likes, I had no control over it. I know for sure, that the accident three years ago will be this day’s dream. I don’t want to remember it… I can’t… I mustn't.

    Rain falls, wind flows, and thunder crawls. The car just went to a stop. The bright light stares in my face and it was a good thing that it did not hit us. Their faces were still a blur but I know who are the ones talking, until now, I still recognize their voices. But it’s kind of hard to tell since their voice is not that clear… it’s like their voice is being vibrated… or being vanished.

    “Is everyone alright?” dad said.

    Everyone seems to be okay, no injury, no hits, and no more Cheetos left for Jade. At least one third of the Cheetos left were spilled to the cab’s floor. The smell could have gotten worst now.

    “You should probably eat it…” I said. “The smell would probably get worst.”

    “Nah, Allan would do the trick…” She let her dog down. “Okay Allan, you know the drill, right?” Her dog ate the Cheetos that fell down the floor.

    You have got to admit, even though that Allan is a small dog, he eats a lot. He chews very hard… it’s like he can crush a bone with just one bite. With that strength, the food might as well be crush into very tiny bits that his stomach has more room for more… no wonder that they only feed him a very chewy dog food. A while later, Allan already finished his meal on the floor and he made a very cute pug burp. Kind of want to thank him for lessening the smell.

    The rain continues but it did not become stronger. The car continues and I looked at the car that nearly hit us. I wanted to see the driver’s face but it was still a blur… I can’t remember the face, and I don’t think it wants me to. We have gotten far enough that I can’t see the driver. My dad looked at me with a blurred face. And yet again his voice is still unclear… but I can hear some parts of what he is saying.

    “******, I need you to ***** ***** *****” Dad said “***** ***** to behave. ***** *****…”

    “Yes Dad…” I said in my dream. But I really think that there is something else that he is saying, it could be that he is saying… “Spawn, I need you to listen to me. I want you to behave, this is…” I think it goes like that. But in my mind… it goes like *Dad, what’s going on, did I do something?*.

    Something was thumping my chest, my vision started to blur some more. The thumping went louder and louder… I want to hear more on what dad wants me to hear.

    “*****, *****”

    A blurred voice came out of nowhere. I know that it is not one of us inside the taxi. I have one guess and one guess only of what sound is that and where it is coming from.

    “*******, ********!” a blurred name calls.

    “Spawn, spawn! Wake up!” a girl was knocking on the door. “It’s time for school. And remember to be friendly… you don’t want to mess your first day right?”

    As suspected, it was mom who was waking me up all the time. I wanted to hear what dad said in my dream but I had to go to school… and as mom said… I should not mess up my first day. Beautiful morning, beautiful day… sun rises up and body starts to fall. The urge to go back to bed starts to fill me but I’d really want to go to school (that’s something that I shouldn’t say). It was a very good nap, I guess you can just sleep all your problems, and now they are gone. It would be nice to see everyone smile. I stretch to the left, then to the right, then the other positions, at least enough to get me more awake. I went out of the bed and through the door. Dizzy and outbalanced, I made a turn that made me trip to a box and made me fall to the stairs rolling with a box shooting my head.

    “I’m okay! I’m okay…” I said. Something soft was touching my foot… it was a domo-kun slipper that fell down in the box. Mild pain wouldn't stop me from standing up as I wore my favorite slippers. Incredible set of meal on the table with everything that I’d love was served for breakfast. There was fresh milk, toasted bread, crispy red bacon, and my favorite of the favorites… pancakes. “Thanks mom.” It was the first time that I looked at her since we came to this house… she has short-brown hair, Blue eyes, visible cheek bones, white skin, and about 5.4 feet tall while wearing yellow cotton dress going down to her knees. “I think you’ve outdone yourself.”

    “Of course,” she said “I want my son to have a perfect morning when meeting new friends… and some chicks.”

    “Mom!” I know.

    “Oh come on, I think you are old enough to find some.” She winked.

    “I think he’s still not that old though.” Someone’s going down the stairs. She went fast to the table. She wears a red and black collared shirt with a *Coat of Arms* patch with their designs indefinable, a neck-tie, long black leather pants, and is wearing leather shoes. And guess what? I will also be wearing this kind of uniform.

    “I am old enough.” I said. “Haven’t you noticed that I changed?”

    “Oh please” my sister said. “Even though that you’re already 16, the only thing that I’ve noticed is your slightly long black hair smooth. The others, the same 5.5 height, the same fair skin, the same black eyes, but your voice kind of changed deeper.”

    “Jade please, I was talking about me and my personality, about me being more responsible and stuff.”

     “Oh sure… be more responsible than your 15 year-old sister.”

    “She kind of got a point there.” Mom said “I mean, I’m not saying that you are not responsible… just a little bit clumsy and a bit of not a mature though.”