Four

Hosuh let out a sigh of relief, plopping down onto his bed. You may be thinking that his parents weren't as bad as he made it out to be, but you'll see if they ever find out about the C. They aren't pretty.

    He scooted up a bit, half of his back pressing against his pillow, pulling out his phone. It was cracked beyond repair, but everytime he asked for a new non-cracked phone, they'd question how thankful he was. The only reason he wanted a new phone was the fact that he could barely read anything.

    Message from Jay

    Hosuh saw the notification from Snapchat, personally he never used it, but Jay was practically an addict. Hosuh clicked on it.

    J - How'd they react to whatever you were worried about?

   H - Well what I was worried about was a bad test grade

    J - So?

   H - So I possibly lied

    J - What

    J - Hosuh they are going to obliterate you

   H - If they find out

    J - If they find out??? HOSUH PARENT PORTAL 💀

    Hosuh sat up quickly and as if on cue- "HOSUH!" His father roared, his footsteps coming closer and closer to his room. "What is the meaning of this C?!" He banged on the door, causing Hosuh to swing open the door because he didn't want to be in any more trouble.

    "I-I just, I don't..," He stepped back, look at the clock. Hosuh stared at the signature painted on the bottom of the cat clock. It was a hot pink, her handwriting was surrounded by a big heart. Hosuh looked back at his dad, his mom right behind him crossing her arms. "I'm sorry!" Hosuh croaked, he averted his attention to a mug sitting on his dresser.

    He had always done this, focusing on things that didn't mean anything in his current situation. It calmed him down somehow. The mug was black with no marks or stains besides the fact it had the melty green goosebumps logo. Last time Jay came over, he brought it to show off to Hosuh, oddly enough Jay was ecstatic about nothing other than a mug.

    Then his eyes went back to his father's. "We work day and night so you can be comfortable and happy! You think me and your mother gave up college willingly?!" Hosuh choked back a sob.

    Something else, anything else. Please... "Say something, don't ignore your father!" His mother said, her tone laced in venom.

    "Shut up!" Hosuh screamed, tears running down his face. His eyes were red and puffy, accompanied by a scowl painting Hosuhs face. His parents were shocked, Hosuh never spoke out like this. He never stepped out of line. "I didn't ask to ruin your lives, I didn't ask to be imperfect and I certainly didn't ask to be your son!" He slammed the door shut, locking it.

    As he went around his room packing stuff in his bag he wanted to bring to Jay's, his parents were just outside his door retorting insults.

    Just before Hosuh was about to leave, he looked back. He quickly grabbed the cat clock and the Goosebumps mug, then openned the door, walking past his parents.

    "You get back here, Hosuh Lee!" He didn't pay attention, soon he'd be in the same house as Jay. His friend who supported him and didn't yell at him when he got an average grade.

    Then he left. He walked down his sidewalk, and he felt great. This was the first time Hosuh rebelled, the first time he had been truly free. A big goofy grin showed up on Hosuhs face.

     He was so happy infact that he spun as he walked down the sidewalk. He's never done that before. Hosuh pulled out his phone, calling Jay. After a few rings he picked up. "Hey dude, I'm kind of busy at the moment-"

    "What's your address?" Hosuh questioned, hearing a ton of background noise from Jay's end.

    There was a muttered curse, then finally an answer. "Okay so I'm not home at the moment, my mom pulled me out to a grocery store. But it's Mayfield 2805." Jay whispered into his phone.

    "Who are you talking to honey?" Jay muttered 'no one' before hanging up.

    The last few numbers were hard to understand. He think he said 2819? Mayfield wasn't too far from here, so Hosuh wasn't worried.

*    *    *

    By the time it was almost eight, Hosuh finally reached Mayfield 2819. It seemed different from what he remembered, but maybe they made some changes.

    As he made his way up the sidewalk, he looked over the house. In the lawn there were a few toys laying around. Not many, but there was a naked barbie, a toy car and a few small army men. A window was open to the house, amber light pouring out. Clanking of pans and then a few muffled voices came out, making it's way to his ears.

    This seemed like a nice place now, last time he was here it was an absolute mess. Jay's older brother is an a-hole. Hosuh took a few more steps and was now in front of their door. He knocked on the door out of courtesy, even though Jay said multiple times for him to just walk in.

    The door openned by a little girl with short black hair. "Hello, are you the mail man?" She asked, a blank look on her face, but a sparkle of excitement in her black eyes.

    "Uh, no-"

    "KURTIS, THE MAILMAN IS HERE!" Who he assumed was Kurtis ran up right beside the little girl.

    This boy had bright green eyes and dark brown hair that was right above his eyes. "Do you have my toy?" Another boy entered the scene.

    "And mine?"

    The girl interrupted. "What about mine?" Hosuh stared at the children in confusion, they all peered at him with wonder.

    "Leave the mailman alone."

(986 WORDS. I AM  D E A D.)