- chapter eight: the sauna test [ part two ]

CHAPTER EIGHT.
the burning.

I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!! I'm trying to update!!!!! Love y'all!!!!!

gifs just don't work for me anymore :( like they don't load or move and it's upsetting

it took only a minute for mike to tell them the plan, and then it took until nightfall for them to prepare. nineteen had sifted through one of the back storage rooms. it was pretty much empty, except for some duct tape and big, thick chains. she grabbed them anyway and went back out to max.

mike pretty much had the entire plan hatched out, and it only required two people to set everything up. all they had to do was wait.

it seemed as if the rest of the day drug out. they were worried that billy might immediately leave after the pool closed, but nineteen had let out a breath of relief when he instead made his way to the showers.

the party immediately sprung into action.

"ready?" mike asks now, rubbing his hands together. the others nod hesitantly. "okay. let's go."

they all make their way to the sauna room, except for nineteen, who stands outside the bathroom door. lucas had locked it up earlier, giving nineteen the key.

she takes a deep breath in and looks down at the watch mike gave her. she closes her eyes to focus in on billy.

he's grabbing his towel.

she takes in another breath.

he's walking to his locker.

she flexes her fingers, getting ready.

he's pulling out his clothes.

10 more seconds...

he pulls on his pants.

she lets out a sharp breath and clangs the metal bar against the door.

"pool's closed." she hears from inside. she bites her lip and then scrapes the chains against the door before running away and around the corner.

she hears him yelling as she presses herself against the side of the building. he bangs on the door, making her breath hitch. what if he somehow gets it open?

then, mike shuts off the lights and she bends over on her knees. she lays down the bar and chains and reaches into her pocket, pulling out the key to the lock. she slowly makes her way to the door, hearing mike taunt billy.

billy buys right into it, and starts making his way to the sauna room. he's going slowly, taking his time. she hears what he's thinking about doing to the poor soul he finds. he slowly rips back each shower curtain.

"billy!" mike taunts lowly. "come find me!"

"i find you, it is your funeral." he replies, making nineteen flinch.

it's only when he's walked through the door leading to the sauna that she quickly inserts the key into the lock and slowly opens the door so that it doesn't make a sound.

she tiptoes through the bathroom, waiting.

"hi." she hears eleven's voice inside, and she makes her way to the door. there's a grunting sound and then a body hitting the wall.

"now!" mike calls. at the sounds of the storage doors opening inside, nineteen quickly goes in. eleven throws the door shut and mike puts a long bar across it while will and lucas lock it up with the chains. they then all run back to the girls.