- chapter two: suzie, do you copy? [ part two ]

CHAPTER TWO.
headaches.

outfit in the media is also when they surprised dustin in the last chapter

outfit in the media is also when they surprised dustin in the last chapter. kinda obvious but i'm just saying it anyway

also can't wait to rip your hearts out and stomp on them at the end of this ✨

and i really wanted to add something sorta domestic into this so that's why i did the stuff at the end.

"wait, so her name is suzie?"

"suzie with a 'z'. she's from utah." dustin replies, walking down the hall carelessly.

"girls go to science camp?" will asks.

"suzie does. she's a genius." the curly haired boy replies. "is she cute?" mike asks in surprise.

"think phoebe cates, only hotter."

nineteen looks over at will, but he only shrugs. who's phoebe cates?

"what's going on?" max asks as the four kids get to the door.

"going to talk to dustin's girlfriend." will says to her. lucas raises up, slinging water from the faucet.

"girlfriend?!"

the seven kids walk the rest of the way through the woods, trying to get to wherever it is dustin wants to be. they cut across a dirt road and go on up a hill. nineteen looks over at the other kids as they breathe semi-heavily. she didn't get exhausted by physical activities. probably something to do with the lab training. though she was hot in her long sleeved shirt. she didn't know much about appropriate dressing. the first time she met steve, he put her in shorts during october.

"aren't we high enough?" lucas then asks, panting.

"cerebro works best at a hundred meters." dustin replies.

"you know, i'm pretty sure people in utah have telephones." max pipes up. nineteen hefts the small blue bag she's carrying onto her shoulder better.

"yeah, but suzie's mormon."

"oh, shit! she doesn't have electricity?" lucas asks him. "oh, that's the amish." max corrects.

"what are mormons?" will asks. nineteen looks to dustin at the front.

"super religious white people." he calls back. "they have electricity and cars and stuff, but.. since i'm not mormon, her parents would never approve." he looks off. "it's all a bit.. shakespearean."

nineteen looks up confusedly. "shakespearean." max asks him.

"yeah. like romeo and juliet."

"right."

"star-crossed lovers."

"i got it."

"hey, guys!"

nineteen turns around. mike and eleven are a little ways behind them.