- chapter six: the case of the missing lifeguard [ part two ]

CHAPTER SIX.
a split in the void and heather holloway.

yall im gonna be very honest and admit that i didn't even realize how long it had been since i last updated lmao WOW

NOW IM Gonna state this once and for all and then never address it again to save you all from embarrassment. why would nineteen live with steve??? he is a teenage boy. he is working at an ice cream shop in a mall in a small town because he didn't go to college. he fed her leftover pizza when she stayed with him for like three days. It is the same as eleven living with mike. very unrealistic

i just realized that nineteen's outfit above is very similar to elevens lmao oops

after leaving billy's room, they quickly grabbed raincoats. max had spare ones so she gave them to the brunette girls. yellow for herself, red for eleven, and blue for nineteen. she said that she just had to give the blue one to nineteen.

then they left to go to the public swimming pool, where billy and heather worked. they weren't riding for long before it began to rain hard. nineteen's bangs started sticking to her forehead and dropped in front of her eyes.

she looks like a shaggy dog.

both nineteen and max look up with wide eyes, nineteen wondering if she just insulted her.

"thats not necessarily mean!" the redhead tells her. "your hair is just naturally wavy so it - yeah, nevermind." max finally decides to just drop the subject.

nineteen shrugs, as she didn't understand what max was talking about anyway. to be honest, she never knows what max is talking about.

they arrive at hawkins public pool, rain pouring over them. nineteen glances at the kids that are running in the rain, wondering why they're giggling.

max leads the girls inside, and over to a stand, where a boy and a girl sit disinterestedly.

"excuse me?" max says, taking off her hood.

"no one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike." the boy replies monotonously. "and don't try and argue with me. you wanna get electrocuted, go climb a tree."

"yeah, we don't care. we're not here to swim... or get electrocuted." max says. nineteen reaches into her raincoat and pulls out heather's lifeguard fanny pack. "we found this." she says, showing it to them.

"does that belong to anybody here?" max asks, glancing  over the two of them.

the boy looks up. "oh, yeah. that's heather's. i'll get it back to her." he informs them, looking back down at whatever he was reading.