Prologue

I woke up screaming. Feeling like my body was on fire. I had a nightmare that a I had been a monster and killed thousands. I ran to my mother and she held me tight. No matter what I did nothing would work and I would have the nightmare again. For my fourth birthday my mom got me a story book. The pages were blank. She told me there were for me to create my own story.

Little did I know there was more to the book than I thought. I would draw different creatures in it. They were both cute and fuzzy. They were harmless. A few nights later I woke up after having a bad dream and drew the monster I dreamed about in my book. I showed it to my mother and she cried. I didn't understand what was wrong. She would cry for a really long time then hug me and say it was alright.

I thought it was that my dad wasn't there to help her. He was at a business meeting with the other employees. We sat in front of the t.v. and watch cartoons. I got my book and started to draw a rainbow in it. With a sun in the corner that had sunglasses on. The front door came open and my dad walked in. I squealed as I ran to him. He pulled me in for a hug and kissed my forehead. My mom was next. Except he kissed her on the mouth. I acted like it was super gross and ran into the kitchen yelling cooties.

My parent laughed and started to make us dinner. After dinner was ate and cleaned up, my mom told me to go get my drawing book. I brought it down and let them look at it. As my dad turned the pages, his face turned to horror. His face paled and got really grim. He was whispering to himself about how he should have done something.

My mom and dad looked at each other and walked into the other room saying they would be right back. I went upstairs to my bedroom and played with my toys. A while later they came up and told me that everything was alright and it was my bedtime. They tucked me in and turned out the light. They whispered good night and shut the door.

This night was different. I didn't have any bad dreams. I was actually happy about my dreams because they had fun things like ponies and rainbows and kittens.

I started to feel sick so I got up and walked to my door. Before I got there, cold hands grabbed me and I was blindfolded. I tried to scream, but another hand smashed over my mouth making tears start to form in my eyes. I let them seep out. I was yanked over to my window and thrown out.

The cold hard ground greeted me by knocking the air out of my lungs. A man yelled and two pairs of hand picked me up by my arms and legs. I heard a car door open and I was thrown in. The door shut and I let out a little cry. The car jolted forward as my head hit the seat. We took off for an unknown destination.

I don't know how long it took us before we got there, but I realized at that moment, I would never know how to get back home. If I made it out alive from this. I started to cry and a shout to shut me up rang through my body. I felt a hard smack on the back of my head. My crying stopped. As well as my heart did for a couple seconds. My vision spotted and everything went as black as night.