The Day Before III: Snake in the grass

(Y/n) stood there confused; she thought her mother hated her. Ever since her father's death, her mom always blamed her. She understood why because he had passed away during Touma's and his mission to rescue her from the celestial dragons.

(Y/n)'s mother opened her arms. (Y/n) was about to run into her arms. Nevertheless, her Traumatic memories of her mother's abusive treatment, so (Y/n) could endure and plow through the burden of combat, rose to the surface. She kept a safe distance from her mother. (Y/n) felt a large amount of year-old panic and stress flooding her mind until Katakuri snapped her out of it by grabbing her hands. (Y/N) looks up at him saying,

"Katakuri?"

Her mother asks grabbing (Y/n)'s attention once more, " What's wrong? Do you want to hug your mama baby?" (Y/N) gulped as she held tightly onto Katakuri's hand. Touma stood in front of them and pulled out his sword while he spoke into a demanding tone, " Why are you here Hinata?"

Hinata frowned. She pulled out her bort bladed sword while the other sword stood in its sheath. She stated in a cold tone, "I have nothing to say to you, murder"

"Murder? " surprised (y/n).

Hinata replied smirking, "didn't he tell you? He killed your father, one of my reasons for being here. To take him for a trail " (Y/n) stood there in shock. She says hesitantly

"w-what..you are lying" Hinata sighed before she gives (y/n) a pitiful look.However Touma didn't kill her father, she knows that clearly even though she doesn't remember everything clearly. Hinata said,

"I am sorry but it's true. He must have brainwashed you " (Y/n) looked at Touma only for him to seem confused as well. Touma glared at Hinata. He bolted at her swinging his sword. Nevertheless, Hinata easily dodged his attacks. She couldn't help but laugh little while she taunt him,

"Come on, little brother. Is that the best you got?..." She grabbed the tip of tourma's katana,which he had swung, before she kicked him across the floor. Touma slammed into some of the party guest's tables. Hinata smirks. She throwed Tourma's sword aside; she slowly walked to him while the other hood figures stood aside to make sure no one disturbed their leader from toying Touma around.

All the Charlotte siblings and (Y/N) were in shock to see their father figure getting the shit kicked out of him. Cracker, who was fluided by his anger, charged at Hinata as he yelled with all his might, "You, Bitch!"

"Cracker! Don't run in you, idiot!" shouted Cluster. However Cracker didn't listen to his triple sister, he swung his sword only to be blocked by the red hood figure. Cracker stepped back growling while the red hood said calmly,

"You shouldn't interfere, however, since you are so eager to fight. Then, I, Eiji the Red Crowned Crane, will be your opponent. " Eiji pulled down his red hood. He smirked at Cracker. The young males continued their fight. The other siblings were confused until Katakuri ordered them to guide Mama, and younger siblings along with some important party guests out of harm's way.

Katakuri looked down only to see (Y/N), who was confused on what to do. She said, "I have to stop this" She watched Touma get up and dodged Hinata's attacks before Hinata kicked him into the ground again.

Touma continued to get up to fight Hinata even though he was at a great disadvantage without his sword. However he did have one advantage, it was his speed. He would use his speed to keep Hinata's force on him while everyone escaped. Nevertheless, Hinata was able to land a few cuts and kicks at Touma.

Smoothie noticed Touma's sword nearby her. She ran towards it. When Smoothie grabbed the sword, she yells to (Y/N),

"Nee-chan, catch!" Smoothie throw it. (Y/N) rushed into the battle while she caught Touma's sword. She headed toward Hinata and Touma. The blue hooded person quickly and silently sneaked behind (Y/N), before they could land an attack, Katakuri got between them; he punched the blue hood back.

(Y/N) thanked Katakuri. She headed towards her mom and uncle to stop them.

Touma was laid on the ground covered with bruises and wounds. Touma tried to get up but Hinata quickly stomped him back down. Hinata pointed her sword at Touma's neck. Touma felt time slowly while he looked up his little sister. Touma smirked sadly at hinata. He asked,

"Are you going to kill now?-" Touma went silent when he saw tears pouring out of Hinata's dull, emotionless eyes. He noticed Hinata's hand, which was holding her sword, was shaking violently as if she was fighting back something. Touma realized she was under someone's control, which made sense why all those years she suddenly became a different person in a short time like she did. He smiled at her sorrowfully. He whispered to her while Hinata's body was getting ready to end his life, " I am sorry. I couldn't protect you-"

Touma surprised (Y/N) bodyslammin her mother after she dropped her sword next to him. They rolled away a little. He sat up in shock. (Y/N) groaned; she got up quickly ready to fight. However when Hinata stood up, she shook her head as if something wore off. Suddenly, a portal opened behind her and her teammate. Arms reached out, forcefully grabbing Hinata's arms. Hinata looks scarred. She tried to struggle away while her teammates left without a fight. It caused her to yell out instantly,

"Ni-san!" Touma grabbed his sword before he used the last of his strength to use his incredible speed and cut the hand clean of their owner; he pulled Hinata into his arm. Touma watched the portal close. Hinata had been sobbed violently in his arms before she shortly fainted from exhaustion. Touma looked at Hinata holding her close. Everyone looked at Touma confused while Katakuri went to check on (Y/N).

Katakuri asked, "Are you okay?"

(Y/N) looked at katakuri giggling. She asked,

"Now I am close to being your wife. You think I can't handle a little tumble? I am your first mate... i think i am fine with some scratch." Katakuri sighed before he held his fiance close.
He replied while totto land's doctor quickly came to check on everyone,
"Stubborn as alway, my love."

After a few hours of everyone bandaged up, Touma stood at the right side of Hinata's hospital bed waiting patiently. He had so many for Hinata, but there is one thing he knows. This is a snake in the grass and he will do anything to protect his family from it.